Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye return for WBC title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It pains me to say it, but Haye could definitely get a title shot on his 'comeback'. He generates interest, particularly among British and German boxing fans, and money talks.

Comment

David Haye will return with glee in his eyes at the thought he no longer has to fight Vitali for it would mean a certain crushing defeat the day he steps into the same ring as Vitali it would be far worse than what Carl Thompson done because Haye wouldn't get a chance to land the wild looping amateurish shots

I'm sure the David Haye fan brigade will get behind him like the flock of sheep they are and buy into even more of his lies...
      I can rehearse some of them If you want???

"Right listen, I'm back for good (1year at best) I'm going to unify the titles and beat the Klitschko sisters"

"I've had top notch sparring no injury will happen like that again!"
      (gets injured 1week after saying that)

Something along those lines pretty much...
      Yep, I hope he does come back just so we can see him fall flat on his face one more time.

Comment

Don't forget posting Twatter pictures with a sad face and puppy dog eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          The reasoning doesn't have to be a fear of Tyson Fury.
          Why would it be then?

Didn't want to make £5million?

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            I wish David Haye would just leave boxing, in fact I wish he'd leave the country, never to be seen again. If he gets a shot ahead of other contenders, I'm finished with boxing.
            Doesn't he spend most of his time in Cyprus? idk. I'm not sure he'd even fight Stiverne for a direct shot at a title unless it was for a major fee.

Comment

Don't forget posting Twatter pictures with a sad face and puppy dog eyes
              Ofcourse how could I forget the most vital part of it!

His evidence to back up his excuse

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Why would it be then?

Weren't Hayemaker in talks with Vitali & José Sulaimán?

Who knows. I fancied Fury if the fight went beyond 5/6 rounds, but realistically Haye would have KOd him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Why would it be then?

Win the WBC Title, then he can negotiate a better deal with Wladimir for a rematch. Or Vitali for a comeback fight.

Beating Fury doesn't really lead him anywhere except maybe to become a mandatory but in that case, the money is heavily split in favour of the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

Who knows. I fancied Fury if the fight went beyond 5/6 rounds, but realistically Haye would have KOd him.
                    Win the WBC Title, then he can negotiate a better deal with Wladimir for a rematch. Or Vitali for a comeback fight.

Beating Fury doesn't really lead him anywhere except maybe to become a mandatory but in that case, the money is heavily split in favour of the champion.
                    I think it's much more likely that Haye just got injured and had to pull out and Vitali retired, rather than the both of them staging some sort of huge conspiracy to fight each other. Just saying.

Only split in favour of the champion if it goes to purse bids, realistically, Haye would bring enough money to the table for both parties to realize that a deal would have to be struck in order for the both of them to make most money. You have often seen a challenger making more than a champion. Especially if that champion was in the Bermane Stiverne mould.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

Haye clearly didn't share that confidence. Three fight dates in a row forfeited due to three different injuries...not buying it, not from Haye.

Comment

Working...
                      X