No announcement yet.

Fighters who had a loss early but became unbeatable later on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters who had a loss early but became unbeatable later on

Who are some fighters that you can think of that had a loss or two early but became more dominant for the remainder of their careers?
    Only fighters that I can think of that remained unbeaten for the rest of their careers after a few loss would be Salvador Sanchez and Carlos Monzon.
    Lomachenko could very well be that fighter as well, a dominating force after learning from a loss. People like to sh#t on him for losing to a guy lik Salido in his second pro fight but keep forgetting about other ATGs who also lost very early on.

Badou Jack, Lomachenko

Comment

Johnny Nelson had like 10 early losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
        Who are some fighters that you can think of that had a loss or two early but became more dominant for the remainder of their careers?
        Only fighters that I can think of that remained unbeaten for the rest of their careers after a few loss would be Salvador Sanchez and Carlos Monzon.
        Lomachenko could very well be that fighter as well, a dominating force after learning from a loss. People like to sh#t on him for losing to a guy lik Salido in his second pro fight but keep forgetting about other ATGs who also lost very early on.
        Hopkins lost first pro fight

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez I believe lost his first or one of his first then went on to become one of the best combination punchers in modern history.

Comment

Roberto Duran, Manny Pacquaio, Joe Louis, Bernard Hopkins, Juan Manuel Marquez all overcame early losses to become greats.

Lomachenko may in time and so far looks golden.

Comment

Originally posted by jio999 View Post
              Juan Manuel Marquez I believe lost his first or one of his first then went on to become one of the best combination punchers in modern history.
              Rafael Marquez got knocked out couple times early in his career.

Comment

Nonito Donaire, Adonis Stevenson.

Comment

Hagler and Ken Norton were the first that came to mind

Comment

Originally posted by jio999 View Post
                    JMM is the first guy who came to mind for me.

And yep he got DQ'd in his debut, but would go on to a 44-1-1 (33) record over the next 13 years with only a L to undefeated Freddy Norwood & a draw to Manny in their first meeting as the marks against him. Hell of a streak there even if he wasn't totally unbeatable during that period of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X