Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aj fights sell out in an hour wilder fight are still for for sale after 3 month s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    us americans have many distractions. wtf else is there to do in other countries 1 event ever few years
    Tell me about it! You couldn't move in my home town last Saturday after somebody started a rumour that there was something do in the town centre.

Comment

AJ fans in the extra seating that Eddie Hearn installed at Wembly for the Klitschko fight.

Comment

People like to mention Stub Hub but in a way it proves how big Joshua is.

All it proves is that those stadiums are full of people willing to pay for overpriced tickets on the secondary market.

Comment

Calling Wilder 'Bum Squad' is actually a compliment considering he can't even put bums in seats

Comment

On the day of Wilders fight, you got the Super Bowl, World Series, game 7 of the NBA finals and the Jay Z Beyoncé concert. Come on guys, just too much other stuff going on. It’s not like the heavyweight champion of the world is fighting. Be realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
              You seriously expect to charge people a bucketload to sit near the top of a stadium where all you can really see is the screen and not the actual fighters fighting?

That aside AJ selling out in an hour (and equally the gate numbers) are irrelevant because a lot of Joshua tickets go to resellers who then upsell... hence his fights don't really sell out in an hour (though they do sell out) and the gate numbers are actually higher than advertised considering Hearn and Joshua have a hand in the StubHub pot.
              Maybe in England 9 million is a big number. All I know is Canelo GGG sold 20 thousand seats and did triple that number.

Comment

Wilder still fighting Journeyman could be the reason

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Tell me about it! You couldn't move in my home town last Saturday after somebody started a rumour that there was something do in the town centre.

did everyone get off that same bus

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Wilder still fighting Journeyman could be the reason
                    This is the main reason.

England is obviously significantly smaller than America, a fraction of the size - therefore tv money shouldn't even be comparable - but with wilders lack of popularity it is.

Joshua is obviously big in England (and growing across some other countries) but were he that big in America he would be 100x the income.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Maybe in England 9 million is a big number. All I know is Canelo GGG sold 20 thousand seats and did triple that number.
                      Again... huge difference between what you can charge for seats in an arena than you can a stadium. More people does not necessarily mean more money... and that applies both in the UK and the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X