Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??Is Victor Ortiz a "no hoper" as a potential opponent of Floyd Mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pac would have a harder time with ortiz tbh than floyd will but he's not a "no hoper".it will be a solid win for floyd and better than any of pac's last three fights

Comment

I'd like to see this fight after Ortiz whoops Maidana first.

Comment

Victor Ortiz will not be a no-hoper.Look at Floyd's welterweight resume.Ortiz is better than everyone Floyd fought there(when he fought them).Ortiz proved he's strong at 147,he outmuscled Berto's big a$$.He has hand speed & he can fight on the inside.Did anyone see those 2 hooks that floored Berto??Floyd's been too long inactive.This will not work to his advantage this time.Ortiz can pull the trigger.I'm making a tread cause I want odds & I'm going for Ortiz all day.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I think there's a good chance of beating Mayweather. Has Mayweather ever fought anyone that put as much pressure on him as Ortiz did against Berto?

Comment

I like this fight, when's the last time Floyd fought a young prime fighter? Also, Floyd hasn't fought a southpaw since Judah in '06.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Call me crazy, but I think there's a good chance of beating Mayweather. Has Mayweather ever fought anyone that put as much pressure on him as Ortiz did against Berto?
              Ricky Hatton put a TON of pressure on Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                2 things....................if floyd cheats him during weigh in.........................why is floyd fighting maidanas left over though?..................
                The only thing about that logic is, every fighter who ever lost is someones left overs, Manny, Ortiz, Berto, Shane.

The only way you can stop fighting someones left overs is to fight someone who is undefeated.

Comment

Since Floyd will not fight Pac or Martinez I see this as his next best option. IMO I think Floyd will beat him by UD like the majority of his fights. But couple things I like about this fight is that Ortiz is young and in his prime. He is also a southpaw if I'm not mistaken. So Floyd might not have an easy time with his shoulder roll defense. I hope the fight gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Berto is a stationary fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      The only thing about that logic is, every fighter who ever lost is someones left overs, Manny, Ortiz, Berto, Shane.

The only way you can stop fighting someones left overs is to fight someone who is undefeated.
                      True statement. But if a fighter beats someone who is undefeated haters will hate regardless. They'll just say the reason the guy was undefeated was because he fought bums his whole career. Look at the last guy Martinez beat. He was undefeated and his haters still wouldn't give him props. In the end a fighter can't satisfy everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X