No announcement yet.

I can't stand Jerry Olaya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't stand Jerry Olaya

That Fycker butchers all interviews that he translates. He literally makes his own shyt up at times. Is spa is even his native language? I ask because the simplest words a fighter says he twists and says something else. Just something I've seen. I'm sure others have seen the many upon many of fights that he translated and butchered

lol agree.

Comment

Yea. It's pretty bad.

Comment

P4P the worst translator this side of the Mississippi.

Comment

agreed...i dont speak spanish but what irritates me is a fighter will ramble in spanish for like 2mins...complete with passion and fire and Olaya will get on the mic and say 'yea, he said it was a hard fight'

plus his annoying stutter along with that panicked look annoys me

i liked Ray Torres...the 'put water on his balls' guy...i felt THAT dude translated word for word

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            agreed...i dont speak spanish but what irritates me is a fighter will ramble in spanish for like 2mins...complete with passion and fire and Olaya will get on the mic and say 'yea, he said it was a hard fight'

i liked Ray Torres...the 'put water on his balls' guy...i felt THAT dude translated word for word

I hate when he does that. He does it every damn time. Him and Jim Gray need to take a hike.

Comment

He translates/butchers spanish worse than high schoolers learning spanish for the first time

Comment

malignaggi could be a great translator someday! he could interview fighters in the ring!!

Comment

I enjoyed watching him announce Pac-Marquez 5 last week.

Comment

I'm glad somebody brought this up. He's really bad. Maybe it's easy for me, sitting on my couch and not facing the bright lights and cameras, but come on. What percentage of the viewing public do you reckon speaks Spanish? I would be willing to bet it's pretty substantial. You just can't get away with the butcher job he does most of the time.

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X