No announcement yet.

Body Language Says alot about a fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Language Says alot about a fighter

For me watching the fight (i am disabled, most of you dont know, but i was shot twice a year ago i can barely walk and lost most of my right arm usage cept my fingers)

I noticed that kovalev constantly bending down to ward (no pun) off the body shots, and his constant begging to the ref for assistance said alot to me. Ricky Hatton took matters into his own hands when Tszyu dished him a low one to send a message. When Kovalev turned around that did it for me, when you turn away from a fighter youre looking for someone to save you. Mentally Kovalev seems to be out of his element when he cant simply knock you out. You have to make a guy like ward PAY for his transgressions, guys like mayweather hopkins, chavez mastered this stuff, being cagey while knowing where the ref is and engaging.

Kovalev isnt the beast we thought he was, he was just another above average fighter with great knock out power, what seperates good from great is when everything isnt stacked in your favor and you do something about it. Even mayweather wont let you get away with stuff like this (see victor ortiz)

https://imgur.com/woKBdKU

US Senator Mitch McConnel was quoted as saying, "Damn, that dude looks just like a turtle."

When he turned away a couple times in the 7th said he didn't want anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
      https://imgur.com/woKBdKU

US Senator Mitch McConnel was quoted as saying, "Damn, that dude looks just like a turtle."

When he turned away a couple times in the 7th said he didn't want anymore.
      i cant stand Mcconnel but hes dead right

Comment

He cant take body shots

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
          For me watching the fight (i am disabled, most of you dont know, but i was shot twice a year ago i can barely walk and lost most of my right arm usage cept my fingers)

I noticed that kovalev constantly bending down to ward (no pun) off the body shots, and his constant begging to the ref for assistance said alot to me. Ricky Hatton took matters into his own hands when Tszyu dished him a low one to send a message. When Kovalev turned around that did it for me, when you turn away from a fighter youre looking for someone to save you. Mentally Kovalev seems to be out of his element when he cant simply knock you out. You have to make a guy like ward PAY for his transgressions, guys like mayweather hopkins, chavez mastered this stuff, being cagey while knowing where the ref is and engaging.

Kovalev isnt the beast we thought he was, he was just another above average fighter with great knock out power, what seperates good from great is when everything isnt stacked in your favor and you do something about it. Even mayweather wont let you get away with stuff like this (see victor ortiz)
          Spot on.

Best wishes on your continued recovery.

Comment

Kovalev is a pretty good technical fighter but his lack of an inside game cost him, in this sport you can't have those kind of holes because eventually it'll get exposed. This is why I can never say who's who in this sport when you can't show me an inside game, Kovalev's power and size may have gotten him through for most of his career but it only took a smaller Ward to expose him. I do remember when he turned his back, you can see he was checking out and I wish his fans can at least admit that.

Also, sorry to hear man.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Kovalev is a pretty good technical fighter but his lack of an inside game cost him, in this sport you can't have those kind of holes because eventually it'll get exposed. This is why I can never say who's who in this sport when you can't show me an inside game, Kovalev's power and size may have gotten him through for most of his career but it only took a smaller Ward to expose him. I do remember when he turned his back, you can see he was checking out and I wish his fans can at least admit that.

Also, sorry to hear man.
              its alright, its just nice to be alive, its good to see you, most of the best posters left during 2009/10 but i agree with everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                He cant take body shots
                Nobody can take body shots, ive taken enough and dished enough to know, the body is hard on EVERYONE, its what you use on the inside to prevent them or make them pay for coming in which kovalev didnt do, man im a grown man and one good body shot from a flyweight would have me on the ground like gunplay rushing 50's crew back in 12'

Comment

I agree with everything you said. Kovalev looked out of it very early in the fight. I'm thinking he realized Ward was more agressive and possibly felt his power more in this fight. I honestly believe he was using the low blow to get a break from the referee. I like Kovalev but was a little disappointed how he reacted the whole fight. It wasn't a good look for him.

Comment

He was trying to draw a foul IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X