No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia: what went wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    You know Angel was trolling and you all took the bait...hes resume speaks for itself. Remember when Danny and Angel made a video of them eating cherries? then right after that they moved up in weight! I was rolling on the floor reading all the hateful comments from these ****boys on NSB!
    His resume sucks since beating Matthysse. He can't coast on that forever, but he sure seems to be trying.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      His resume sucks since beating Matthysse. He can't coast on that forever, but he sure seems to be trying.
      So beating Herrera, Peterson and moving up in weight to become two weight champion is nothing special ha?

Comment

His career seems to have stagnated since his big win over Lucas M.
        The Herrera fight, which looked like a loss, the close fight with Peterson..maybe took the wind was took out of his sails a bit.

He could of blew up after his Lucas win, but things seem to have gone backwards instead. His choice of opponents hasn't been great after that..so attention tends to dwindle. As others have pointed out, his dad asking why he should face other quality fighters is going to make fight fans question why they should bother paying attention.

WW is a pretty hard place near the top. Garcia is going to have his work cut-out against those guys. But if takes those fights, then attention will pick back up again ..as there is good fights to be made.

If it's Berto next, then that's another one that doesn't spike too much interest.
        Last edited by Chrismart; 08-28-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Several things.

1)He sat on the Lucas Mathysse W instead of building on it.

2)He never called out anyone when they had the mic so to speak, namely Floyd when he was on Floyd's shortlist.

3)He only fights twice a year, like he's Floyd, Manny or Canelo, despite being in his his mid 20's still & not commanding nearly the money of those huge names who are less active.

4)He seems more focused on building up his out of the ring legacy in Philly with various businesses then in enhancing his in the ring legacy.

5)Angel has publicly stated, almost proudly, on more than one occasion, that their blueprint is to get the most money for the least risk.

All those things & probably a few things I've forgotten about have hurt the height Danny was once at. The good thing with him is in boxing things can change on a dime & if he were to fight & beat a Thurman or Porter next these things would be quickly forgotten by most.

Comment

So beating Herrera, Peterson and moving up in weight to become two weight champion is nothing special ha?
            Most people agree that he had a robbery win against Herrera.

He barely got by Peterson, and I imagine now gets whooped in a rematch.

Other than that, he's not making an effort to fight any top fighaters at welterweight. Should have just stayed at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
              This guy used to be one of the most popular fighters in NSB

When he KO'd Amir "queen" Khan, I would see his face in so many sigs and avi's and even his dad became some kind of legend.

Fast forward and he's still unbeaten and everyone hates him

What went wrong?
              Big words followed by poor match ups, debatable decisions and has never fought an undefeated fighter.

Poster Boys Club

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                His career seems to have stagnated since his big win over Lucas M.
                The Herrera fight, which looked like a loss, the close fight with Peterson..maybe took the wind was took out of his sails a bit.

He could of blew up after his Lucas win, but things seem to have gone backwards instead. His choice of opponents hasn't been great after that..so attention tends to dwindle. As others have pointed out, his dad asking why he should face other quality fighters is going to make fight fans question why they should bother paying attention.

WW is a pretty hard place near the top. Garcia is going to have his work cut-out against those guys. But if takes those fights, then attention will pick back up again ..as there is good fights to be made.

If it's Berto next, then that's another one that doesn't spike too much interest.
                I think he left a lot in the ring fighting Lucas. he has never looked the same and his opponents are carefully selected now. Petersen further shortened his ring life as well.

Comment

Really! other fighters leftovers is not a measure of class

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
                    I think he left a lot in the ring fighting Lucas. he has never looked the same and his opponents are carefully selected now. Petersen further shortened his ring life as well.
                    Yeah mate, good point about the Lucas fight. :ANYWORD:
                    That fight was competitive and i remember watching an interview with Danny where he comments on what a big puncher Lucas is/was.

Comment

This guy lost to Herrera.
                      If he does a rematch with Lucas or Peterson he looses badly with both. Don't get me the he is a survivor sh it.

Comment

Working...
                      X