Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield to fight Francois Botha ..... Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield to fight Francois Botha ..... Again

LINK

Johannesburg - South African boxer Francois Botha says he has agreed to face fellow veteran Evander Holyfield for the WBF heavyweight title.

Botha said on Saturday he would promote the fight which would be held at Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban on October 8.

"We have both agreed to fight later this year," Botha said.

"I'm promoting the fight myself using my company White Buffalo Promotions.

"I'm just tying up a few loose ends before making an official announcement."

It would be the first boxing match to be held at the stadium which was built to accommodate FIFA World Cup matches last year.

Botha, 42, won his last fight against heavyweight prospect Flo Simba at Emperors Palace last month.

In his previous fight, more than a year earlier, the former IBF champion had lost to Holyfield in the eighth round in a clash for the WBF title in Las Vegas.

Holyfield, 48, defeated Brian Nielsen of Denmark in his last fight in Copenhagen in May.

The American, a former Olympic medallist, is a multiple world champion and the only fighter to have twice beaten heavyweight legend Mike Tyson.

irrelevant,they arn't fighting to prove anything anymore...just for a check

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      irrelevant,they arn't fighting to prove anything anymore...just for a check
      Holyfield is trying to earn a shot at a fight with Wladimir or Vitali. Gotta give him props he hasnt lost since 2007 really since he really beat Valuev

Comment

Holyfield will win the title off Adamek after Adamek beats Klitschko

Comment

Go away, Holyfield!

Comment

I think that's cool.

Like the senior's division in golf.

As long as the senior's fight other seniors, let them do the sport they love and make some dough.

Comment

Working...
            X