Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If Spinks Hadn't ''Froze'' Against Tyson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If Spinks Hadn't ''Froze'' Against Tyson.

Lets say Micahel goes in there 110% confident and in the right frame of mind?

Can he cause Tyson problems?

Spinks was good up at heavyweight, he just didn't start fights that quickly.

Larry Holmes in the rematch clearly got the better of the argument over the first six rounds......and if he had a Tyson 'esque' dig, who knows?

Against Tyson he just didn't seem strong enough, easily overpowered. If he could have got through the first five rounds, some of his technique may well have shone through. But I've got a feeling that he would have already shipped alot early on.

Spinks was a good technical boxer, I just think that Tyson was all wrong for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      Spinks was good up at heavyweight, he just didn't start fights that quickly.

Larry Holmes in the rematch clearly got the better of the argument over the first six rounds......and if he had a Tyson 'esque' dig, who knows?

Against Tyson he just didn't seem strong enough, easily overpowered. If he could have got through the first five rounds, some of his technique may well have shone through. But I've got a feeling that he would have already shipped alot early on.

Spinks was a good technical boxer, I just think that Tyson was all wrong for him.
      Yes. I don't see anyway Spinks makes it out of the 1st round against Tyson. If his dick was out 12" during his ring walk and he was as confident or more confident as Tyson, he still gets KO'd very early.

Comment

The Mike Tyson who beat Michael Spinks would be a tough fight for any fighter in heavyweight history.

Comment

Agreed Gents.

1988 Tyson would be a ridiculously tough match for any heavyweight past or present over 12 rounds.

Comment

He still loses. As great as he was as a Light-Heavy Spinks wasn't anywhere near that level as a Heavyweight.

Poet

Comment

The writing was on the wall for an early KO in favour of Tyson. Spinks was a slow starter, smaller, older and had been inactive due to injuries. Take out the latter two factors and he'd still have great trouble lasting out the early rounds. No disrespect to Spinks, there just aren't many former light heavyweights that I'd pick to go more than 4 rounds with Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                The writing was on the wall for an early KO in favour of Tyson. Spinks was a slow starter, smaller, older and had been inactive due to injuries. Take out the latter two factors and he'd still have great trouble lasting out the early rounds. No disrespect to Spinks, there just aren't many former light heavyweights that I'd pick to go more than 4 rounds with Tyson.
                Do you think prime Roy Jones Jr, Billy Conn, & Ezzard Charles could?

Comment

Originally posted by Underrated Jab View Post

did he freeze or was he mesmerized by the tyson hoopala,

Comment

Originally posted by Underrated Jab View Post

Spinks had nothing to beat Tyson which is why he "froze". If they fought 100 times Tyson would win all 100.

Comment

Working...
                    X