No announcement yet.

The couch potato crew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
    If posters criticise the jab then I would say they don't understand boxing, jab to set up shots, jab to keep opponents off you, jab to clear a path for exiting on the ropes, jab to feint, jab is very under rated, as the commentators said in the fight, canelo had abandoned his jab
    Well it isn't so much that they don't know boxing. That is only about 20% of it. the other 80% is they hate Floyd so whatever he did, they would go with what the other guy did.

Now that it is a guy they love jabbing, they are talking about how the jab was responsible for the victory.

So I have no issue with anyone scoring this fight for GGG. However, there are some posters whose scores reflect a completely different scoring systme then I have seen them use.

I am questioning those people.

Comment

Originally posted by KKKonorMcGregor View Post
      Be the champion
      So...lose all the championship rounds??

Be the aggressor
      Be the one landing more punches
      This is debatable bc Canelo landed the cleaner, better punches while Gennady landed a ton of jabs

And even if Gennady *did* land more he also missed at least twice as much as Ca$h did...sooo...can't give him credit for one and not the other. Ca$h made him look amateur MANY times in EVERY round.

Be the one controlling the fight
      Be the one losing 'close' rounds just because you obviously like Canelo more
      Well if you ignore that Gennady missed 70% of his punches than its easy to give him close rounds, but Canelo was cleaner, more accurate and efficient, landed the more significant punches, and defended beautifully. He also swept the championship rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I am not contesting anything you said. However, it is not right that you avoided my question and pivoted to the difference in the number of power punches.

Whenever these people score fights there has always been a minimal difference in power punches but the "jabber" has landed more total punches. Usually, they go with the person that landed the harder shots.

So, again while I respect the points you made, can you please answer the question-why did the GGG fans suddenly give more value to jabs when they did power punches?
        Don’t know, don’t care what other fans say. They don’t speak for me, I don’t speak for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampad View Post
          Don’t know, don’t care what other fans say. They don’t speak for me, I don’t speak for them.
          Ok. Seems like a copout. You have made plenty of comments where you opined on the actions of others. No need to discuss further.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Ok. Seems like a copout. You have made plenty of comments where you opined on the actions of others. No need to discuss further.
            I don’t know why other fans say what they say. How is that a copout?

Comment

Working...
            X