Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano: Read this before smeone makes you look stupid with the facts!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
    it aint work, its called copy and paste, he's had this on another thread
    You obviously didnt read it there either as you say he never fought a hard puncher... As I said this is facts, not anything to argue over.

Comment

it aint work, its called copy and paste, he's had this on another thread
      Still, I have read Louis, Frazier, and Foreman's comments on Marciano as well as Ali commenting on the power the man had during the taping of their computer fight...of which I've got a copy.

Now, I'm by no way saying I think Marciano could have beaten Ali; but even though they were working out scenario's for the most part and weren't throwing real shots at each other's heads...the picture even a 47 year old Marciano presents is deceptively hard to hit from what I saw...I was surprised, in all honesty at how difficult he appeared to be to hit....and I'd seen tapes of him in his prime and during his reign.

As I stated, I've got Rock right around # 8; but there is validity to the argument that no one ever beat him, therefor there is no blueprint as to how to beat him. All the theorizing in the world doesn't prove squat until you actually get a guy in the ring....and if Rocky was anything, he was a hard working, tough minded S.O.B. and deserved a chance against anybody.

49-0 ain't nothin' to sneeze at.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous
        You obviously haven't learned much, its not a opinion that makes someone stupid its the ignoring the facts. The sole purpose of this is to show facts, thats why there is almost no first person language in the articule. I didnt make this up, if you dont believe Marciano wasn't "THE GREATEST," thats an opinion, i personally dont think he is either. Alot of people come on here spewing bull**** about something they know nothing of. I dont know where you came the conclusion where I said you were stupid if you dont agree, the title is, "Rocky Marciano: Read this before smeone makes you look stupid with the facts!" Not, "Agree with this or your a dumbass."

Get your own facts straight.

and its also a fact that he fought old,past there prime ppl alot. is that a fact or am i wrong cause if thats a fact, i dont see why the hell u been cryin to me about how its wrong. simple as that, i know u feel stupid now.ahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
          exactly what were trying to tell the redarded idiot
          Basicaly what you just said. Thanks for saving me the time and effort.

Peace bro,
          Rockin'
          Good to know both Rockin1 and mystal2k5 think im an idiot for posting facts, something both of you are clearly unaware of. How childish is that, call me "******ed idiot," before I even voice my opinion. The mentality of some people to ignore what they dont agree with.

Comment

and its also a fact that he fought old,past there prime ppl alot. is that a fact or am i wrong cause if thats a fact, i dont see why the hell u been cryin to me about how its wrong. simple as that, i know u feel stupid now.ahahaha
            yeah, and it's funny how he listed the "iron chins" marciano fought and one of them was archie moore, lol!

Comment

Good to know both Rockin1 and mystal2k5 think im an idiot for posting facts, something both of you are clearly unaware of. How childish is that, call me "******ed idiot," before I even voice my opinion. The mentality of some people to ignore what they dont agree with.

your an idiot for practically arguing facts about how fought past there prime and older ppl. or did he not fight those ppl HOUS

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                yeah, and it's funny how he listed the "iron chins" marciano fought and one of them was archie moore, lol!

his facts about things r scrambled.and u know there scrambled when he went in the trash can to post a super long as post that has already been posted. thats like a little kid saying"see mom see i told u i told u"

Comment

Read the first two post again, I know you feel stupid because this is the second time we discussed this in two different threads in a half hour. I wont even bother typing it again, Ill just copy paste my other reply, and yours.

Originally posted by hous
                  being hit by over the hill guys out of there primes and lighter weight ppl doesnt contend to me as having a great chin. unless u get hit by a "REAL" heavyweight then ok.
                  Marciano was 9 years younger than Walcott
                  But...
                  Dempsey was 13 years younger than Willard
                  James J. Jefferies was 12 years younger than Bob Fitzsimmons
                  Louis was 12 years younger than Braddock
                  Ali was 10 years younger than Liston
                  Holmes was 6 years younger than Norton
                  Spinks was 11 years younger than Ali
                  Tyson was 14 years younger than Trevor Berbick (WBC Champion)
                  Tyson was 12 years younger than James "Bonecrusher" Smith (WBA Champion)
                  Jim Corbett was 8 years younger than John L. Sullivan

So, the average age difference for these championship fights was 11 years. Rocky therefore had less of an age factor advantage than Dempsey, Jefferies, Louis, Ali, Spinks, Tyson, and Corbett.

Non-title fights:
                  Marciano was 10 years younger than Archie Moore
                  But wait....
                  Ali was 19 years younger than Archie Moore!!!
                  Patterson was 21 years younger than Archie Moore!!!!
                  Joe Louis was 9 years younger than Max Schmelling. (Max KO'd Joe and was later KO'd by him)
                  Louis was 12 years younger than Jack Sharkey
                  Ali was 8 years younger than Henry Cooper
                  Ali was 7 years younger than Patterson
                  http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/A...//Rocky13.html

Your logic is flawed aswell. According to you Ali, Louis, Dempsey, Tyson, Spinks, and Jefferies are also the overrated. You have to know what you are talking about before you post or someone with facts will make you look stupid.

If you have any brain cells that have withstained this beating, Id give up.

Comment

Read the first two post again, I know you feel stupid because this is the second time we discussed this in two different threads in a half hour. I wont even bother typing it again, Ill just copy paste my other reply, and yours.

If you have any brain cells that have withstained this beating, Id give up.

like io said again moron. what does that have to do with rocky, why do i wanna know other ppl's age's in comparision? i'm stating a fact that he fought past there prime and over the hill guys. and u have yet to say ne thing about this in ne of my post, its like u avoid it

Comment

exactly what were trying to tell the redarded idiot
                      your the stupid 1 ******* and im going to tell u why u ****in crybaby. your age doesnt matter, it's your prime that matters. tyson was outta him prime at about 25 which is ****in young. alot of fighters get beat by older ppl. its all about the experience and your prime. in boxing age isnt ****, for a nobody like yourself i guess u wouldnt realize that. OWNED and why the **** r u naming all these ppl we talkin about rocky u stupid ass *****. what does all these ppl's age gotta do with rocky koing old ppl that r outta there prime. that was the worse comparision i've ever witnessed myself
                      like io said again moron. what does that have to do with rocky, why do i wanna know other ppl's age's in comparision? i'm stating a fact that he fought past there prime and over the hill guys. and u have yet to say ne thing about this in ne of my post, its like u avoid it
                      The reference to th other fighters is clearly related because they are not considered overrated. Since Marciano is logically they are aswell, if not how do we judge what overrated is? Think about it.

The difference between you and me is I state facts, dont even tell you my opinion, and you resort to name calling. If I wanted to I would report you and you would be banned, but I won't because I already have my gradification of winning something without even voicing my opinion. You pretty much OWNED yourself.

I haven't even told you what my opinion was, its all fact. You wouldn't call someone who said Alis record was W 56 (37 ko's) | L 5 | D 0 | Total 61
                      http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000180
                      would you? Cause thats the same thing I did.
                      Last edited by Hous; 05-04-2006, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X