Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please tell me why Bradley is lifting weights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please tell me why Bradley is lifting weights?

I mean yea it could get him stronger but Boxers shouldnt be lifting weights.Bradley looks slower and the weights will slow him down in the mid rounds.Bradley is going for that ko once he figures out manny is going to move to his right and throw basic lefts.Bradley is going to bri g it but lets keep it real thats how you get rocked vs Manny.

Why would sprinters lift weights if it made them slower?

I think this is one of those myths circulating.
    As long as you're not overly built weights can really help with developing speed and power.

Comment

Weight training can be exceptionally beneficial. Just depends on what muscle groups, what movements and how much weight.

Im completely against curling for boxing, but squats are excellent imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        Why would sprinters lift weights if it made them slower?

I think this is one of those myths circulating.
        As long as you're not overly built weights can really help with developing speed and power.
        He just looks slow.His technique and his timing have to be on point.He looks sloppy and slow but then agian that 24-7 said the fight is more then 2 months away so my conclusion is he was out of shape and heavy on the first ep.

Comment

clean and presses, snatches, squats and deadlifts are all beneficial..
          those are Olympic lifts that are explosive.. hes not bodybuilding.. just end the thread..

Comment

yeah curling would probably be one of the least beneficial use of your time as a boxer in a weight room.

Squats, various plyometrics, power clean, various presses etc. Compound movements that requires explosive power.

Comment

Originally posted by GTL View Post
              clean and presses, snatches, squats and deadlifts are all beneficial..
              those are Olympic lifts that are explosive.. hes not bodybuilding.. just end the thread..
              hahaha here brotha imma let you borrow my finishing move to kill this kat....hahahhahahhaah

Comment

Working...
              X