No announcement yet.

Floyd defends his $40mil offer. "Pac is a $7mil fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    EXACTLY!!!...this is how it usually works...but I guess Arum and his boys run things differently!!

what is there to negotiate?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      A bunch of nonsense. If Floyd agreed to 50/50 split and Pac wouldn't have accepted the May 5th date(which he hasn't) then this fight wouldn't of happen no matter the split.

If Pac accepted the date/venue and Floyd is pulling this nonsense of the split(yes in the last minute) after agreeing for 2 years mind you on a 50/50. Then this fight wouldn't have happened regardless of the date/venue.

seems like the fans and Arum atleast viewed it as such, a megafight, while Floyd acted like it was any another Floyd fight. (which is the reason why no one thinks he didnt have Canelo in mind all along)

I lay the blame more on Pac. Because, of all the excuses they made with the date and everything else. But, Floyd didn't help his matters any by demanding a bigger split or offering a flat fee. And, smh my @ "Floyd called his bluff" nonsense.
      yea but the May 5th date was non-negotiable. Pac is not Canelo or Cotto, you cant be choosing the date AND venue for someone who is your EQUAL.

That said, the pressure would have been on Pac to agree to the May 5th date if Floyd ageed to 50-50. Arum of course, would have had to make up another excuse but atleast Floyd comes out clean

Pac did everything that was asked of him here IMO, he verbally agreed to have Floyd as his priority opponent, he agreed to the drug testing demands, not sure what more he can do.

"If you take the test, we got a fight" we've heard that for the past 3 years, come on dude, dont tell me Floyd didnt just insult his fanbase by saying "Pac is a 7 million dollar fighter"

this guy just wants to sell t-shirts with Pacquiao on them IMO, the 7 million dollar fighter is the next shirt

Comment

• Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
        yea but the May 5th date was non-negotiable. Pac is not Canelo or Cotto, you cant be choosing the date AND venue for someone who is your EQUAL.

That said, the pressure would have been on Pac to agree to the May 5th date if Floyd ageed to 50-50. Arum of course, would have had to make up another excuse but atleast Floyd comes out clean

Pac did everything that was asked of him here IMO, he verbally agreed to have Floyd as his priority opponent, he agreed to the drug testing demands, not sure what more he can do.

"If you take the test, we got a fight" we've heard that for the past 3 years, come on dude, dont tell me Floyd didnt just insult his fanbase by saying "Pac is a 7 million dollar fighter"

this guy just wants to sell t-shirts with Pacquiao on them IMO, the 7 million dollar fighter is the next shirt
        Oh STFU, Pac chooses his date as well. He did on 2010 and wants to do it later against Floyd picking November already. But, then in the meantime setting up a tournament.

Pac was willing to fight JMM on May 5th when he thought Floyd was going to jail and backed out of May 5ht when he found Floyd wan't going to jail to June 1st and then wanted to fight him on June 9th. So GTFOH with that BS.

And, honestly I feel Floyd would agree to 50/50 because he has in the past and also agreed to Pac date in the past. More so than Pac agreeing to the May 5th sate.

Don't respond to me if you're going to be on your knees for a fighter.

Comment

• To know someone else's finances is genius!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
            Gotta admit Manny is getting ripped off. Dude doesn't even need a promoter. He's the most famous boxer int he world.
            AFTER Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
              AFTER Mayweather
              Only in Asian.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                A bunch of nonsense. If Floyd agreed to 50/50 split and Pac wouldn't have accepted the May 5th date(which he hasn't) then this fight wouldn't of happen no matter the split.

If Pac accepted the date/venue and Floyd is pulling this nonsense of the split(yes in the last minute) after agreeing for 2 years mind you on a 50/50. Then this fight wouldn't have happened regardless of the date/venue.

I lay the blame more on Pac. Because, of all the excuses they made with the date and everything else. But, Floyd didn't help his matters any by demanding a bigger split or offering a flat fee. And, smh my @ "Floyd called his bluff" nonsense.
                I agree on you on some point that both Pac and floyd are to be blame here... but why Floyd suddenly demanding higher split now? have you heard lately about the date issue? the latest was "no to 50/50" and 40M offer... it means the date is more likely not a problem anymore, just like the OST...

Comment

• Originally posted by bMak View Post
                  Deeply flawed logic. Myself, I've maintained I'd like to see Floyd concede 50-50 to get the fight. If you're reading to understand instead of to react, you wouldn't be making assumptions.

Flaming back and forth does nothing. You can say test, I can say stadium, and Arum doesn't know who to call. Floyd called Manny personally and Arum's still going on record to say he's waiting for a call. That tit for tat would never end.

My stance remains the same- why not negotiate from $40MM instead of walking away from it? Manny said, at first, their conversation went well, so what did we miss?
                  Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  EXACTLY!!!...this is how it usually works...but I guess Arum and his boys run things differently!!
                  Did greedy Arum hilariously offered 45M to floyd? lol

Comment

Working...
                  X