Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were Donaires promoter what would be his next 5 fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were Donaires promoter what would be his next 5 fights?

lets hear it..this guy can be a superstar witht he right promotion..Arum clearly has said he isnt a big priority to him which is sad as hell

First things first: 118 lbs, Moreno and the winner of Mares-Agbeko II. Then 122 lbs and Arce, the winner of Nishioka-Marquez, maybe Rigondeaux. Finally, 126 lbs and Gamboa. That's six, sorry. I don't want him to jump up divisions too quickly, though; as appetising as the Gamboa super fight is, I think there are more than enough opponents to keep him occupied and stack his CV down at bantam and junior feather. Plus, you should always take it one division at a time; climbing at such a pace as Arum suggested he may be would be a major gamble and we could see the brightest talent in boxing picking up losses simply because he's too small.

Comment

arum said donaire is not a priority?? where and when did he say that? any link? thanks

Comment

Arce
        the japanese 122 champ(idk his name??)
        super fight with gamboa
        win a lw title
        then him and rios @140 or who ever teh best is @ 140

Comment

moreno
          mares/agbeko winner
          marquez/nishioka winner or arce
          ramos/rigondeaux winner
          gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            moreno
            mares/agbeko winner
            marquez/nishioka winner or arce
            ramos/rigondeaux winner
            gamboa
            ^^^^^I wish it happens, that's a dope lineup of opponents for Donaire.

Comment

Mares (if he's able to get past Agbeko)
              Arce (or whoever Vazquez Jr.)
              Nishioka (or Marquez)
              Chris John
              Juan Manuel Lopez (if he hasn't regained his status or at least a title)

No Moreno because it wouldn't increase his popularity.

Agbeko is a difficult style, who's a little reckless with his head and might cut him in the fight and have him MIA.

Rigondeaux is a difficult style; win or lose, boring fights don't really do much for a fighters' career and Rigondeaux would try to make it a stinker.

Gamboa will move up to 130, possibly 135, so he doesn't fit into my 5 fight plan as of now because I would take Lopez as Donaire's first warmup at 130 than I would Gamboa.

I wouldn't doubt Donaire against either of the mentioned fighters, but if I'm Donaire's promoter, I have to think like a slimeball. Whatever will increase his popularity, my bottom lines, and his moving up to newer weight classes the quickest.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                lets hear it..this guy can be a superstar witht he right promotion..Arum clearly has said he isnt a big priority to him which is sad as hell

Boxing is generally a business endeavor. Therefore, it is to the interest of Nonito to go where the big money is, and that is in the upper weight categories.

He is 29yrs old and time is running out on him. The dispute with TR cost him time and opportunity losses. He has to make up for it with a calculated rush to the higher weights.

If I am his promoter, after the Narvaez fight, I would set him up pronto against the big boys in the upper weights. The first thing that comes out of my mind is Jorge Acre. If Arce isn’t up to it, the fight with the undefeated WBA champion Rico Ramos will give Donaire a belt at Jr. Featherweight (122).

Next, should be a fight with the undefeated Yuriorkis Gamboa at Featherweight (126). This is going to be a career defining fight for both fighters but I think Nonito will win this one. This will be Nonito’s official entry to bigtime boxing.

A fight in Jr. Lightweight with either Takashi Uchiyama 17-0 (14 KOs) or Jorge Solis 40-2-2-1 NC (29 KOs) will be next in my list.

Lightweight division (135) is where the big money should start rolling in. If the technical boxer Juan Manuel Marquez is still up to it, I want to see Nonito who is also a technical boxer fight him. Brandon Rios would be a nice fight for Nonito at lightweight.

I believe Donaire can go as high up as Jr. Welterweight. A test fight at JWW with Zab Judah will be in my list. Marcos Maidana would be next.

IMO

Comment

opsss. I think that was more than 5 fights. My bad.

Comment

Nishioka or Marquez 122
                    Mares 122 (if Mares moves up)
                    Chris John 126
                    Takashi Uchiyama 130
                    Gamboa 130 or 135

Comment

Working...
                    X