No announcement yet.

Was a Roach a significant factor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strugler View Post
    but Khan v.s. barrera was a shorter fight.You really ready to proclaim a new amir khan?after beating aaaahm shall we say a barrera that is in the tail end of his career.Dont get me wrong im giving Khan the man his props but not quite sold on Upgraded version just yet.
    he was working bell to bell for 5 rounds and showed no sign of slowing. His punches were still lightning bolts and he still raised his hands religiously after every combination. With Roach in the gym we have only just seen the tip of the ice burg. Shame that hes always one punch away from sleeping.

Comment

Roach did have an effect on his defence and he looked technically better. However, i still think Khan would have beaten a one eyed, old and slow Barrera even before he hooked up with Roach. It's just such a shame that the headclash had to happen so early in the fight. We pretty much only saw 1-2minutes of a fight...

Comment

Originally posted by jching View Post
        Roach did have an effect on his defence and he looked technically better. However, i still think Khan would have beaten a one eyed, old and slow Barrera even before he hooked up with Roach. It's just such a shame that the headclash had to happen so early in the fight. We pretty much only saw 1-2minutes of a fight...
        My sentiments exactly.You think he showed more improvement compared with Ricky?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          Co-sign.

Floyd senior just reminded Ricky he could use his jab.

Ricky Hatton on his very worst day though would still eat up Paulie M because you have to hurt Ricky or you will lose. It's that simple.
          Thats a sound post i agree with u there sparked

Comment

Yeah definitely!

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
              My sentiments exactly.You think he showed more improvement compared with Ricky?
              I would say that Khan showed equal improvement to Ricky. However, Ricky was tested against a young, fast, slippery fighter and thanks to his new training camp, was able to outbox him. Khan has shown improvement, but it still needs to be tested against opponents who can see lol..

Comment

he has improved its clear to see

Comment

Working...
                X