Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Negron Drops Derric Rossy Twice, Stops Him in Four

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an impressive win for Negron. Rossy is a tough fight for any heavyweight. Rossy is pretty durable with a lot of experience. Negron has put himself into a good position to have another high profile fight after beating one of the better gatekeepers in the HW division.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      How on God's green earth the mediocre talentless Rossy could ever be in a main event on TV is beyond comprehension. Yet he has been on TV many times. What is with the lame fascination of TV networks showing him??? Negron is more interesting and at least has a modicum of upside so I can see him being showcased but Rossy does not belong on my TV set or anyone else's!
      Because Rossy gives everyone a tough fight & he is not overly expensive to have on TV. Rossy is not talentless. He is a solid gatekeeper who comes to fight. He will fight anyone & is more than willing to mix it up even when he is out gunned.

Comment

That's one big ass Puerto Rican.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Because Rossy gives everyone a tough fight & he is not overly expensive to have on TV. Rossy is not talentless. He just a solid gatekeeper.
          Gatekeeper days are at least 5 years past. At best, he belongs on the non televised part of an undercard and that is a compliment. A waste of viewers time better spent on something with talent, especially as a main event. Boxing cards are supposed to be something to get excited about, to look forward to. Anyone who could get excited about an upcoming Rossy fight would have to have some serious screws loose.
          Last edited by richardt; 06-25-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            As average as he is, he dropped and almost beat Stiverne.
            A blind dog finds a bone now and then but even then he still lost to an unmotivated unprepared Stiverne whose only claim to fame is beating another journeman in Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
              That's one big ass Puerto Rican.
              Indeed, it seen he is getting more power too, probably taking the training seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                A blind dog finds a bone now and then but even then he still lost to an unmotivated unprepared Stiverne whose only claim to fame is beating another journeman in Arreola.
                that maybe is true, but lets give the kid a chance ...

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
                  that maybe is true, but lets give the kid a chance ...
                  You mean Negron........not Rossy. Rossy is no kid. As to Negron, I like what I see.

Comment

Nice get your name out there W for Negron. Don't think I was legit aware of this guy before this fight got made & now this makes me just wanna look into the guy more. Respect for stopping Rossy thats not a thing everyone is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Nice get your name out there W for Negron. Don't think I was legit aware of this guy before this fight got made & now this makes me just wanna look into the guy more. Respect for stopping Rossy thats not a thing everyone is doing.
                      Honestly I only remember two fights of his and one of them he got knocked out. I remember the announcers hyping him and soon enough he was on the floor.

I think he kinda faded after that and is now coming back.

Comment

Working...
                      X