Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: To Talk Low Blows, Must Mention Kovalev's Rabbit Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    i dont care who is inferior or superior. ward was cheating and got away with it again. it seems like you are more concerned with trolling people then the rules of boxing. how many ward foul filled fights will you defend? all of them im guessing. i just dont like to see a corrupt system that allows a guy to cheat non stop. i like to see a fair fight decide the winner
    You absolutely do care. You've been posting non stop about the fight since it was signed. You've literally posted paragraphs in every post fight thread. You're turning into spoon. You are HURT that Kovalev got stopped and seem to think spewing the same talking points over and over again will change reality.
    News Flash..... It won't! Ward is better than Kovalev, point blank period

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      Confession of what?
      That he threw fouls.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Both fighters were using dirty tactics. Weeks did an excellent job of letting them fight and not intervening which would've made the fight a boring, amateur "tag your it" fight.

The fight was back and forth and pretty even until Ward landed some solid body shots and a vicious right hand to stagger Kovalev and eventually finish him.

It was a great night of boxing, a star studded event and a great back and forth fight. Boxing is a sport with a lot of judgement calls with respect to scoring, point deductions and other factors and people try to abuse these judgement calls to play into their biased views and make a case for their favorite fighter.
        these judgement calls always favor the a-side and thats why people are upset. ward was clinching nonstop and the ref did nothing. is it really a judgement that he was clinching? i mean he eitehr was or he wasnt and he was. teh ref didn nothing. was he low blowin or not? well the ref said in the intros that the bottom of the belt was low so accordign to the ref those blows were not legal. he did nothing. we have rules that are not followed and then we have fans who dont care about rules because their fighter breaks those rules.

Comment

except they were low according to the refs own rules. anything on the bottom half of the belt was low and he kept hitting him there or even lower so we have to go by what the ref says is low. unfortunately the ref didnt follow his own rules which is the whole problem. people are tired of seeing ward get away with fouls and then come on here and pretend they werent fouls. how many ward fights have we done this now?
          I think you and others sensationalized the idea that Ward fouls more than other fighters. So when he fights and defeats fighters you like, it's a convenient and emotional response to the fight. What's funny is that boxing saw a man put into a coma due to rabbit punching, yet no one complained about the ref allowing Kovalev to rabbit punch Ward. Seems to me that fouling is ok as long as your fighter wins.

Comment

Weeks said he stopped the fight because Kovalev wasn't fighting back. Not because of the final punch which appeared low. Kovalev stopped fighting back after the right hook landed in the corner. Then he just turtled.
            Come on man, you can spend a whole round without throwing a punch. If he was taking head snapping shots I could see it. I've seen people hit with 50 shots in a row and not stopped. He's wasn't in danger. The last blow was low and the stoppage ruined the fight. I get some people really wanted a Ward win, but they can't say that was a good way for the fight to end. It wasn't clean at all.

Comment

these judgement calls always favor the a-side and thats why people are upset. ward was clinching nonstop and the ref did nothing. is it really a judgement that he was clinching? i mean he eitehr was or he wasnt and he was. teh ref didn nothing. was he low blowin or not? well the ref said in the intros that the bottom of the belt was low so accordign to the ref those blows were not legal. he did nothing. we have rules that are not followed and then we have fans who dont care about rules because their fighter breaks those rules.
              The ref needs to be neutral. In this instance you have an outboxer and a fighter who wants to fight inside and work the body. You have to ref the fight in a way that doesn't take away a fighters advantage.

When Ward tries to get inside, Kovalev did his share of headlocks and clinches as well. He did his share of rabbit punching in the clinch. And he also complained about legitimate body shots. I would prefer no calls on both ends than a ref intervening way too much.

Kovalev was clearly affected by Ward's body attack and was complaining about legitimate body shots in hopes of getting a warning to discourage Ward from going to the body. When you do that too often, the ref will not take your complaints serious and when actual low blows occur, he will still think you are crying wolf.

Comment

one punch? he hit him with 3 low shots in a row and the ref stopped it. thats pretty bad. add to that the numerous low blows he landed through out the fight and it doesnt look good.
                The video shows that only the last one is in question. Other than the 2nd round, when did these numerous low blows occur. I saw Kovalev reacting to legal blows as if they were low and the ref telling him they weren't low.

Comment

I think you and others sensationalized the idea that Ward fouls more than other fighters. So when he fights and defeats fighters you like, it's a convenient and emotional response to the fight. What's funny is that boxing saw a man put into a coma due to rabbit punching, yet no one complained about the ref allowing Kovalev to rabbit punch Ward. Seems to me that fouling is ok as long as your fighter wins.

yea it's rubbish

it started with the Kessler fight, which did have some issues

but it is over-blown

just like the Oakland thing is over-blown

if Ward was Mayweather they would have plenty of other things to criticize him about

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    You are saying that the final punch was a foul yes?
                    I am not saying that and see no need to debate the final punch as it is irrelevant to the stoppage.

Comment

The ref has a duty to deal with the rabbit punches. He is a ****e ref. I agree. The reason people are harping on about the low blows is that she stoppage came from one. And just like the ****e ref he is he called a ****e stoppage. Nobody wants to see anyone hurt. When I said how much punishment Groves dealt out unanswered in he's last fight some of the same people saying that this was a good stoppage were telling me that one was premature.

Comment

Working...
                      X