No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devildg View Post
    When the wrong guy wins, people always cry robbery. But still, the wrong guy won the fight. Kovalev should have been given the victory, well deserved. I hope Ward doesnt disappear for a year. I'm not counting on a rematch though. Ward will either go on hiatus or fight someone else.

you guys really should have smartened up by now

it is SO FKN OBVIOUS that there will be an immediate rematch

you were PROVEN wrong less than 24-hours ago, and here you are, already making foolish statements

you just had a picture painted for you, and yet you still don't have a clue

1) there will be an immediate rematch
    2) Ward will win much more comfortably next time..... Ward was underdone, he needed 1-2 more fights before going after Kovalev..... it took him awhile to get his game going, he will be much better off with that fight under his belt

the better fighter will make the better adjustments, and we all saw that the better fighter is Andre Ward..... Kovalev will be no different, but Ward will be much better at EVERYTHING, and he will be much more confident

Kovalev's problems will start in round 1 next time, not round 6

your problems started when you decided to put your "feelings" on paper

Comment

• Originally posted by devildg View Post
      Andre Ward's first and only PPV fight.........LOL

he did what he had to do i guess but no one in their right mind would pay to watch him fight again.

Comment

• you guys really should have smartened up by now

you were PROVEN wrong less than 24-hours ago, and here you are, already making foolish statements

2) Ward will win much more comfortably next time..... Ward was underdone, he needed 1-2 more fights before going after Kovalev..... it took him awhile to get his game going, he will be much better off with that fight under his belt

the better fighter will make the better adjustments, and we all saw that the better fighter is Andre Ward..... Kovalev will be no different, but Ward will be much better at EVERYTHING, and he will be much more confident

"Kovalev's problems will start in round 1 next time, not round 6

Orr Kovalev will realize this time ward has no chance of hurting him and actually commit to throwing the right hand and score more KD's or a ko.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
          ****in robbery. This is why ufc is dominating boxing. Two robberies in one card
          sounds like hbo does your thinking for you. clear decision in a close fight for ward

Comment

• wow, isn't this thread a good ol cry-a-thon LMAO

Comment

• A lot of people need to take an online math course to sharpen up on their ability to score a fight. When there is a knockdown there is no way to have a draw. Kovalev won several early rounds but faded down the stretch. Ward got inside and landed vicious body shots and thats what turned the tide. Ward exploded Kovalev's nose late in the fight. Ward also landed a bomb of a left hook in the twelve that would have destroyed a lesser fighter. 114-113 for Ward. I thought it was a clear win for Andre. Kovalev was inadequate tonight and there are a bunch of GGG cry babies butt hurt in here because they are having visions of what will happen to their hero when he faces Canelo.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  you guys really should have smartened up by now

"Kovalev's problems will start in round 1 next time, not round 6

Orr Kovalev will realize this time ward has no chance of hurting him and actually commit to throwing the right hand and score more KD's or a ko.....
                  good post. i pretty much agree with everything you wrote

Comment

• I think Kellerman said it best when he said that this fight was a 1 point fight either way. I wouldn't have been mad had Kov got the decision and I'm not mad at Ward for getting it.

But props to Ward for sticking to the game plan of getting to Kovs body as no other fighter has been able to achieve this feat because they couldn't get past Kovs reach and power. Kovs body was virtually untested until last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
                      Some people with common sense who watch boxing enough can recognize that fights that close usually has at least one judge seeing the fight the other way. I'd say it's highly unusual and ridiculous that 3 judges had the same score to a fight many seen go the other way. I myself did not have Ward winning the fight. Even if it was scored 6-6 Kovalev wins off the kd. I can't give Ward 7 rounds in that fight. And many other people didn't. But each judge had the same score? Yep nothing strange!
                      It was a close fight, lots of close rounds, you could give a point either way, or a draw - and I get what you mean, if it's a close fight often one judge disagrees with another but just because they all saw it a close fight in Andres favour doesn't make it controversial, it just means in this case they all agreed that he eeked it, on another night they might have had it the other way...

Had one of the judges had it 117-something then there'd be something to shout about, but the judges agreeing that one guy won a close fight isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X