No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Downs Myth of Haymon Boxers Not Colliding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Downs Myth of Haymon Boxers Not Colliding

For quite some time, there has been a widely circulated myth in boxing - "Al Haymon fighters do not fight each other."

On February 9th, that myth will be broken when Peter Quillin (28-0, 20KOs) defends his WBO middleweight title against Fernando Guerrero (25-1, 19KOs) in a high stakes Showtime televised fight from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Danny Garcia defends his WBA/WBC junior welterweight titles against Zab Judah in the televised main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Peter Quillin? That's the great example, a dude whose system was so dirty GBP openly cancelled testing during the winky wright fight after the first two samples were taken because he came out dirty? G T FOH!! GBP makes Top Rank look like the most legit company on earth. Until Quillin does VADA and not USADA he's dirty in my book.

Comment

I never knew he tested positive. Do you have a link to an article or something so I can read a bit more about this?

Comment

Yeah, that downed the myth. "Deepest stable in boxing" and it's only gonna happen for the first time now.

There is a serious, serious match-making problem with boxing at the moment that is holding the sport back so badly - Top Rank fighters don't fight GBP ones, and Haymon fighters don't fight each other.

It's scandalous. There are so many f-cking great fights out there but this crap is ruining it.

When will the people who run the game put their petty egos and short-termism aside and look to build the sport up again?

Boxing has such amazing potential, but so many people who are running it into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Peter Quillin? That's the great example, a dude whose system was so dirty GBP openly cancelled testing during the winky wright fight after the first two samples were taken because he came out dirty? G T FOH!! GBP makes Top Rank look like the most legit company on earth. Until Quillin does VADA and not USADA he's dirty in my book.
          that was fishy as hell, then did wright dirty in that one. O well even all hoped up on Roids that gap tooth fake cuban barley won against N'Dam. He days are numbered

Comment

The Ali act clearly prohibits a "manager" from representing both sides of a contest, so it will be interesting to see how Haymon gets around that minor detail........lol

Comment

Well yeah he will give up a match like that but I doubt he gives fans something like Broner vs Garcia...two of his young and up and coming fighters who both sit at the top of their Divisions right now and he can make a lot of money off of them separately if BOTH becomes stars, also doubt he will do Trout vs Lara

but Quillin vs Fernando Guerrero is nothing big, they probably ready to cash out on Fernando Guerrero after he got knocked out by a old Grady Brewer on ESPN2

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                The Ali act clearly prohibits a "manager" from representing both sides of a contest, so it will be interesting to see how Haymon gets around that minor detail........lol
                I think that he's officially listed as an "adviser" so he gets around the Ali act.

Like others have said, Schaefer is full of ****. This is the first Haymon v. Haymon fight I can think and it's not like this fight will propel GBP and Haymon to keep making matchups among his clients. T

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                  I think that he's officially listed as an "adviser" so he gets around the Ali act.

Like others have said, Schaefer is full of ****. This is the first Haymon v. Haymon fight I can think and it's not like this fight will propel GBP and Haymon to keep making matchups among his clients. T
                  I believe you are right. Cameron Dunkin was the co-manager of both Kirkland and Angulo when they fought. But with Angulo I think he was listed in an advisory role.

Haymon is really the one who will have the problem. Most of his clients want the names. Alexander, Garcia, Thurman all want Mayweather. If they see that signing with him will prevent the possibility of getting "money" fights because the "money fighters" are also signed with Haymon, then Haymon will get dropped and they will find another manager.

Comment

How can something be a myth when it has been true for so long... Lol at calling it a myth and then saying it's happening for the first time in Feb.

Comment

Working...
                    X