No announcement yet.

[Video] Is Ortiz fighting Valuev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Video] Is Ortiz fighting Valuev?

Has anyone seen this vid of victor hitting the pads? I aint no expert but it dont look right to me.

ortiz is like a bull, the alvarez fight is looking better now.

he's always trained like that though

Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-20-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Sometimes training, hitting mitts, etc is more for sharpness, muscle memory and conditioning...it takes more effort to punch upwards and keep your hands up...

I think that's simply the way he trains...just like Hatton and other opponents see no benefit in the way Floyd hits the pads because they say he's not hitting hard or it doesn't translate to a real fight...but they don't realize it's more about sharpness, muscle endurance, timing and conditioning...think of it as the equivalent to running, but with your arms...

I think Victor is trained to punch with power up from a crouching position and to aim for the chin and breaking through guards.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
        Sometimes training, hitting mitts, etc is more for sharpness, muscle memory and conditioning...it takes more effort to punch upwards and keep your hands up...

I think that's simply the way he trains...just like Hatton and other opponents see no benefit in the way Floyd hits the pads because they say he's not hitting hard or it doesn't translate to a real fight...but they don't realize it's more about sharpness, muscle endurance, timing and conditioning...think of it as the equivalent to running, but with your arms...

I think Victor is trained to punch with power up from a crouching position and to aim for the chin and breaking through guards.
        this... i think you hit the nail on the head with that one

Comment

First off, why is this dude always training without draws on in a room full of men? lol

Anyway, to touch on the topic, I think Ortiz hits the pads that high, so he can get use to having his shoulder above his chin when he jabs/punches.

If your shoulder isn't covering your chin when you punch, that's the easiest way to get countered and KO'd when you punch. Especially if you're reaching and throwing a lazy jab/punch.

Comment

given ortíz is cr*p i won't worry myself too much with what he may or may not do in training

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
              given ortíz is cr*p i won't worry myself too much with what he may or may not do in training
              Asinine post; Ortiz may not be a world beater but he's an elite athlete a top tier contender. He beat an undefeated prime Andre Berto; that's pretty damn in my book..

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                You might be one of the few people on here I've seen knock Ortiz and not consider him one of the best in his division. If not P4P.

Comment

Working...
                X