No announcement yet.

Khabib Retires...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    I’m a real MMA casual but is he as near as unbeatable as it gets?

From my untrained eye, it basically looks like if he can take you down, you don’t have much of a chance.

Is/was there anyone at there that could beat him that a casual wouldn’t know ?
    What I would say is he didn't face a great variety of different styles, and combine to that during the time he was on top the other guys around him weren't equipped to handle his style.

He's very physically gifted though, his ground game was on some next level but he never fought someone with elite BJJ who could match him for size, that would have been a lot more of a challenge for him than all the strikers he fought.

A similar thing is happening right now with Adesanya, in boxing terms it's like if Fury only ever fought stationary sluggers who held center ring, he'd look amazing but there's different styles to that.

MMA evolves so rapidly that in a year or two there will be someone in that weight class who everyone says would beat Khabib, which is kind of sad they never let anyone rest in that sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I ****ing was napping.

Was it a good fight ?
      No he controlled the pace and basically dominated the fight. I lost 20 bucks too even though I knew it was a bad bet LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        Strikers or wrestlers can't beat him. The only real threat he hasn't faced are elite BJJ guys. Ferguson would have been the one. I know a few more names but they're in higher weight classes so it's somewhat unfair. I think Maia and Shields from a couple of years ago could beat him.
        Khabib would knock those 2 one dimensional fighters out, dont be silly.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
          Khabib would knock those 2 one dimensional fighters out, dont be silly.
          Because Khabib knocks people out, especially guys like Maia and Shields who have only been stopped like 5 times combined in 84 fights most of them past their primes. The grown ups are talking, sit down.

Comment

Because Khabib knocks people out, especially guys like Maia and Shields who have only been stopped like 5 times combined in 84 fights most of them past their primes. The grown ups are talking, sit down.
            Youre talking about shields and maia as if they were ever elite fighters in their mediocre careers. Tell me, did any of them win a ufc belt even though they dealt with less competition? They fought in weak eras and fought bums. Khabib is undefeated in a era where mma is super competitive and belts change every 2-3 fights. So yeah khabib would mount them and beat them to a bloody mess. Perhaps you should sit down gramps

Comment

Dominant tonight, like he has been all his career. Great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                Youre talking about shields and maia as if they were ever elite fighters in their mediocre careers. Tell me, did any of them win a ufc belt even though they dealt with less competition? They fought in weak eras and fought bums. Khabib is undefeated in a era where mma is super competitive and belts change every 2-3 fights. So yeah khabib would mount them and beat them to a bloody mess. Perhaps you should sit down gramps
                They both fought for world titles, both twice. So you believe that only champions are elite and everybody else isn't?

Weak era's huh? Maia fought the greatest MW of all time in Anderson Silva. Shields fought the greatest WW of all time in GSP. Yeah they fought bums alright fucking assclown.

Completely clueless. Stick to anime.

Comment

Lmao people bringing Ferguson up. Ferguson got his face rearranged and got his brain banged side to side inside his skull his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                    No he controlled the pace and basically dominated the fight. I lost 20 bucks too even though I knew it was a bad bet LMAO
                    Ahhh ****

All good then.

That's how I felt with Canelo stupid ass when he fought Floyd, lost 25$

Comment

They both fought for world titles, both twice. So you believe that only champions are elite and everybody else isn't?

Weak era's huh? Maia fought the greatest MW of all time in Anderson Silva. Shields fought the greatest WW of all time in GSP. Yeah they fought bums alright fucking assclown.

Completely clueless. Stick to anime.
                      Maia fought steroid head overated silva whose had his ass kicked about 10 times since and got knocked out

Gsp the goat who was knocked out by a midget and subbed by a 10-1 underdog the goat? PAHAAHAHAHAHA gtfo

Gtfo o

Comment

Working...
                      X