Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG list? Manny Pacquiao or Joe Louis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    Bold 1: I never said he was, divisions covered also is under the cover of "pounds covered"

Bold 2: You don't get to define what is inclusive especially in an all time criteria, since everything is subject to terms.
    Bold 1: You lost me. 8 divisional champ is where you started.

Bold 2: Sure, but I do get to point out his accolades are term based and by virtue of being term based; time based.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
      Bold 1: You lost me. 8 divisional champ is where you started.

Bold 2: Sure, but I do get to point out his accolades are term based and by virtue of being term based; time based.
      Bold 1: And is that the definition of your "pounds covered" is? Because I didn't make that argument, I included circumstances on how "divisions covered" were achieved. I thought you were advocating for inclusivity, because surely that is something else different or else we would be having a discussion of Adrien Broner achieving half of what Pacquiao did because he's a 4 division champ.

Bold 2: Yeah, and I say, that still doesn't change the argument between Manny and Louis. And if you disagree, then we're gonna be basically be here all night/day trying desperately find mutual ground on where inclusivity begins and where we stop having include the terms in an "all time criteria". We're gonna run circles around basically.

PS: Bro, I apologize for the insults, you're nice to talk to when there are no insults being thrown out between us.
      Last edited by Thraxox; 09-25-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Manny takes it.

Comment

Holy shyt!!

Pacquiao is actually beginning to pull away from the great Joe Louis.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by HitmanTommy; 09-25-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

It's a close one. Joe had a 12 year reign as HW champ back when there was only one champ.

His best wins were against Max Baer, Schmeling, Walcott (though many argue Walcott was robbed in their first fight), and Conn who was a LHW and almost beat him in their first encounter. Sharkey was washed up and Bivins too small. Joe himself was washed up by age 36.

Pac's best wins come against Berrera 2x, Morales 2x, JMM 2x should be 3x, Cotto, Margarito, Hatton, Bradley 2x should be 3x, Broner and Thurman. Pac became the oldest fighter to win the WW title at age 40, from a considerably younger and undefeated champion. He was a champion in 8 weight classes and FOTD.

I have to give the edge to Pacquiao.

Comment

I think if you want to attract young kids into boxing it's best that Pac wins polls like these. Because you look at Pac s record, most kids will feel they can't match it. And if Pac isn't the best even with that record kids might feel it's not worth going into boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Go crack a book before you respond again.
                tbh as someone who reads your posts and respects them, please give this smooth brained idiot recommended reading

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I think if you want to attract young kids into boxing it's best that Pac wins polls like these.
                  Whatever will you do when he retires ?

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    tbh as someone who reads your posts and respects them, please give this smooth brained idiot recommended reading
                    That's not really necessary.......

Comment

Can anyone tell me what Marquez did better than Louis?

Comment

Working...
                      X