Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez vs. Andre Ward @ 168.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo wins in my opinion. I think Ward is very much overrated. Canelo has faster hands, hits harder and takes a punch better. Canelo can beat him at close to mid range fighting and Canelo is just murder to the body. Sure Ward is much bigger but if he has to make 168 it would weaken him. He out grew 168 by 2015 and said himself he could no longer comfortably make 168 and was never returning to that weight.

Comment

If they were closer in height it would be a close fight.

A drained Ward vs a comfortable weighing Canelo...i would bet on Canelo.

Comment

Canelo would k.o him with body shots.

Nelo is getting better and better.

Comment

Dunno, coWard would be drained and Clenela is so short, I don't think coWard would be able to nut punch her.....might be interesting, especially with the diva on the tainted tacos.

Comment

Ward is too big for ginger

Comment

Would be a good fight none the less.

Comment

With oakland rules ward wins. Canelo is a considerably more skilled fighter p4p though

Comment

Voting in 2019:

Canelo

Comment

Canelo grew like an inch.. or some he was just 22yo when he fought Floyd. hes like 5'8 now.... though 5'9 lara did call him a midget lol.. so no sure.

Comment

Well, Canelo having such star power means that Ward wouldn't have the ref and judges on his side for once and that would make a big difference. A ref who shut down the dirty spoiling tactics Ward employs (jab and grab, lead with the head, clinching and mauling, low blows, elbows etc.) would greatly nullify his overall effectiveness.

In a straight boxing match Canelo is the superior fighter and would win.

Comment

Working...
                      X