No announcement yet.

Do you guys like Ward's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do.

But sometimes I'd like to see him spoil less.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 04-17-2017, 12:41 AM.

Comment

In a one word answer: NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        The left jab to the body which not many fighters throw, the hitting then immediately clinching, the leaping left hook, are all things they have in common.

So even though they both agree that Ward copies Floyd you're saying it's still not true?? LMFAO
        Did Berto and Broner using their piss poor wannabe shoulder roll remind you of Floyd too? Ward is a bum compared to Floyd at anything he's trying to emulate.

Comment

This isn't launching an attack on Ward. This is just my truthful answer to your question. I hate Ward's style. He does way too much mauling, clinching, wrestling and holding with one hand while hitting with the other for me. If I want to watch a highly skilled boxer I'll watch Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Marquez of 5 to 10 years ago or Loma and Rigo of today. I'll leave the Ward watching to those who like and appreciate his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
            Ward's style is pure garbage from an entertainment aspect(yes this is coming from a Mayweather fan)it works for him so he's not gonna change it. He reminds me of a poor mans Hopkins and in no way does he remind me of Floyd at all. He mauls, grabs, and fouls just like Hopkins.
            Mayweather outclassed all of his opponents and made them look stupid. Ward can do that to an extent like he did in the Super Six but he's no Floyd. I'd like to think that he would be able to beat Hopkins though.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              This isn't launching an attack on Ward. This is just my truthful answer to your question. I hate Ward's style. He does way too much mauling, clinching, wrestling and holding with one hand while hitting with the other for me. If I want to watch a highly skilled boxer I'll watch Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Marquez of 5 to 10 years ago or Loma and Rigo of today. I'll leave the Ward watching to those who like and appreciate his style.
              Yeah it's okay to not like a fighter's style if you still respect them as a fighter. People here seem to be too hotheaded to understand that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                I've always said that Ward fights like a bigger, slower, clumsier Floyd Mayweather. If you dislike Floyd's style you'll really hate Ward's.

Ward is solid though and has a pretty high fight IQ but there is nothing exceptional about him from an athletic standpoint.

As a person, I think he's one of the most stand up guys in boxing.
                Idk I love watching Floyd fight but don't feel the same about Ward. Maybe it's the personalities they bring into the ring or something. Andre Ward is a humble, down to earth guy while Floyd shows you no respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                  Yeah it's okay to not like a fighter's style if you still respect them as a fighter. People here seem to be too hotheaded to understand that though.
                  Ward is a very good fighter and that would be hard to deny. He has fought the best and won every pro fight.

Comment

Ward is a strategy player, and I appreciate that in a fight.

A+ boxing IQ, one of the best lead jabs/hooks in the sport, with root knowledge of boxing's "dark arts". His right hand is clearly underdeveloped (decent straight right, throws it crooked when in combination with his left hand, pretty good with it to the body), but those are his tools and he figures it out.

Watching the Paul Smith fight, you could see Ward checking that his tools were all sharp, getting into his flow, and then watching him put a beating on Paul Smith (that got progressively worse as the fight went on).

Adonis Stevenson and Danny Garcia are also in a similar boat; Adonis Stevenson has that deadly left hand, and everyone knows that he's got the deadly left hand, but he's picked up more than enough other tools (good head/foot movement, lead jab to the head/body, a good lead hook, effective inside work, etc) o still figure out a way to land.

Danny Garcia pairs B+/B skills in everything (with his feet being a touch slow) with A+ grit, to create a package of talent that keeps him in every fight.

If Boxing were hip hop, Andre Ward would basically be Kendrick Lamar, so to speak.

Comment

No, same with Klichko, I recognize his talent but I never watch his fights, with the exception of Dawson fight, that one was entertaining, the way Chad was dismantled

Comment

Working...
                      X