No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Mora postponed, off July 30th card. To fight Aug or Sept

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    ggg looking to fight in september....lets postpone jacobs fight till september awww now he can't fight ggg what a shame

Comment

It's ironic, Andre Ward was also supposed to fight on July 30th, but now it looks like his tune-up is getting scrapped. Who believes he still fights Kovalev in November? That ppv doesn't look like it'll do promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        DiBella & Haymon wanted Danny back in the ring in April, they had Andy Lee lined up but Jacobs wanted the time off instead. I don't think he cares if he fights much longer, he might be losing that drive.

He's had a hard time making 160lbs,
        I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he can't anymore. He'll be another year older and coming off a long layoff.
        Where did you get that info?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Where did you get that info?
          Which part? Lee/Jacobs was reported by numerous websites. DiBella first said he wanted it on St. Patty's, then it got bumped to April, then to May, then to June. Michelle Rosado reported (likely through DiBella) that Jacobs wanted the time off to spend with family.

As for Danny struggling to make weight, watch the VICE documentary where he's preparing to fight Fletcher for the vacant title, he kills himself to make the weight. Then keep in mind he was still 27 when he did that. Now he just turned 29 in February, guys who push to cut alot of weight start to lose that ability in their late 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Which part? Lee/Jacobs was reported by numerous websites. DiBella first said he wanted it on St. Patty's, then it got bumped to April, then to May, then to June. Michelle Rosado reported (likely through DiBella) that Jacobs wanted the time off to spend with family.

As for Danny struggling to make weight, watch the VICE documentary where he's preparing to fight Fletcher for the vacant title, he kills himself to make the weight. Then keep in mind he was still 27 when he did that. Now he just turned 29 in February, guys who push to cut alot of weight start to lose that ability in their late 20's.
            St Patty's day was never a serious possibility. Lee would've had to get back in the gym only a month after coming off his loss to BJS. And he'd already had a min camp and the fight was postponed then he had to start training again for the fight. Lee/Jacobs was first reported in Feb

''There's a chance I could fight Danny Jacobs in June and we're waiting on a reply. I've accepted the fight loosely but I haven't committed to it. It's a world title fight so it would put me back in the mix.''

But then he turned around months later and said he was never offered the fight.

“A lot of rumours flying around, just to let you know, as of yet, there's been no offer to fight Danny Jacobs July 30th,” Lee (34-3-1, 24KOs) announced through his verified social media account on Saturday.

But I was primarily asking where you got the info that Jacobs is no longer inspired to fight? If you're using Raging Babe as your source I wouldn't put to much into what she says. Like she said Jermall Charlo was going to miss weight on the day of the weigh in when he fought Trout. Then went on a twitter rant about fighters being spoiled and all that BS. But he didn't miss weight. No wonder she deleted all her tweets from October 2015 and earlier. If anybody is having doubts and losing the passion for the fight game it's Andy Lee

I don't consider it struggling if you're still able to make weight. Broner struggled to make weight because he missed it by .4lbs and couldn't get it off. And I wouldn't pay attention to Vice. It's a documentary so of course they're going to dramatize everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              That's the first thing I thought when I read the title
              It's just so pointless.

Comment

Lou Dibella is really messing Jacobs career up right now

Comment

Not interested in this fight.

Comment

GGG vs jacobs at the end of the year!

Comment

Why do superfights like these keep getting delayed?

Comment

Working...
                      X