Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd hurting boxing by being the face of the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
    Manny hurt the sport when fell face first into the mat.
    Lmao its to early hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
      I'll never understand some of you people. Seriously. Mayweather consistently has the most ppv sales of any boxer, past or present, but I constantly see threads like this. Floyd has been a ppv attraction for the better part of 8 years. If his style was as boring as some of you people make it seem then he wouldn't sell as many ppvs as he does. Its that simple. I get it...he doesn't knock people out. Get over it. The same people that keep saying how boring he is, how bad of a face of boxing he is, are the same people that make 4 threads a day about him. Get off of his dick. The best way to get him to go away is to stop talking about him and not buy his ppv, but you can't help yourselves. He's entertaining whether u want to admit it or not.
      couldn't have described these hoe ass bitches any better myself

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
        you have to take in consideration that both times he fought on a mexican holiday, and had a good undercards too. He also fought oscar and canelo who imo are bigger draws than floyd.
        Really? What was Canelo's PPV numbers the last time? And, how much did he draw with Floyd? Kinda stupid assertion on your part. Leave the hate behind, bro.

Comment

• him and manny not fighting is embarassing to boxing.

so is having a "boxer" like waldo as the hw champ

Comment

• Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
            This is a serious question. Does Floyd being the face of the sport hurt boxing?

Floyd is flamboyant and has entertaining 24/7 which is great because you have to sell yourself. Many people love Floyd and many hate him but his fights not being exciting hurts the sport. A lot of people tune in to watch him lose but many times people are left disappointed not just because he wins but how he wins. Throwing 1 or 2 punches at a time and not engaging. Floyd is a great boxer but while he is number one I think sport will struggle. If Floyd was hated and knocking guys out the sport would be doing way better.
            While floyd is a great fighter....Floyd is not the face of boxing...ask any euro, latino, or asian and they couldnt tell him apart from Broner or Berto (well maybe not any). Only greedy promoters hurt boxing. Any one that has a problem with the way Floyd fights can easily approach him at the gym and tell him whats up, but i doubt they would
            Last edited by Jupiter Maximus; 03-28-2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• yea...that ninja turtle has done enough damage. we need some new stars that will truly capture the imagination of fans. Floyd is too 2000's with his thuggish attitude and played out histrionics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Boxing is selling more PPVs a year than it ever has. I'd say it's much more popular than 10 years ago so no he's not hurting it.
                from a competitive standpoint, not financial it is in bad shape.

in 2009: the biggest fight to be made was Pacquiao vs. Mayweather

fast forward 2014: biggest fight to be made is STILL Pacquiao vs. Mayweather

This sport is in STANDSTILL....

Part of the problem is Floyd. He needs to own up to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
                  While floyd is a great fighter....Floyd is not the face of boxing...ask any euro, latino, or asian and they couldnt tell him apart from Broner or Berto (well maybe not any). Only greedy promoters hurt boxing. Any one that has a problem with the way Floyd fights can easily approach him at the gym and tell him whats up, but i doubt they would
                  I totally disagree. You can google anyone now a days. They knew who Floyd is vs Broner and Berto. Maybe people who dont follow the sport sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X