Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all cleto reyes gloves made in mexico and to the same quality for the the states?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all cleto reyes gloves made in mexico and to the same quality for the the states?

I am currently looking for a new set of cleto reyes gloves and have been told that the gloves which are made for the non-mexican market are of a lower quality and to get the best you must order direct from mexico.

I am finding this hard to believe, but what does everyone else think?

In so far as I can gather, they are currently the same. There was a time when they changed the build and there was some confusion. But, I've seen a lot of people say they spent extra money to buy from mexico and it turned out to be the same glove they sell in the states.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 12-27-2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

RE: Cleto Reyes

All Cleto Reyes Gloves originate in Mexico and are manufactured to the same standards for all markets. As a Distributor for Cleto Reyes since 1965, the products have always been of the same standard as sold in other countires
      CustomerService@LockwoodsBoxing.com Feel free to vivit our website at LockwoodsBoxing.com

Originally posted by StefanYHU View Post
      I am currently looking for a new set of cleto reyes gloves and have been told that the gloves which are made for the non-mexican market are of a lower quality and to get the best you must order direct from mexico.

I am finding this hard to believe, but what does everyone else think?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto Reyes-USA View Post
        All Cleto Reyes Gloves originate in Mexico and are manufactured to the same standards for all markets. As a Distributor for Cleto Reyes since 1965, the products have always been of the same standard as sold in other countires
        CustomerService@LockwoodsBoxing.com Feel free to vivit our website at LockwoodsBoxing.com
        Are the gloves "Seyer" also made by Reyes? Haven't seen them used for years, but remember them back in the day. Cleto Reyes gloves are the best!!

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
          Are the gloves "Seyer" also made by Reyes? Haven't seen them used for years, but remember them back in the day. Cleto Reyes gloves are the best!!
          Seyer is just Reyes in reverse order. Ali used to wear these and if you look closely at the pictures you can tell that they are the first generation of the Reyes gloves...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Seyer is just Reyes in reverse order. Ali used to wear these and if you look closely at the pictures you can tell that they are the first generation of the Reyes gloves...

Interesting, never knew that.

Comment

Working...
            X