No announcement yet.

The Heavybag...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heavybag...

What's the biggest bag that they make and why would someone buy a bag that big?

The heaviest I've seen was from some store online, the bag was 300lbs.
    I've seen Tyson hitting some big ass bags before, but I couldn't tell how heavy they were.

I'd prefer a heavy bag, around 150lbs, because it's a bigger target and it doesn't move as much as my bag at home which is a mere 100lbs. It may help toughen up your knuckles but I don't have any proof to back that.

Comment

I'd expect a hard puncher like a pro HW to use one of those big ass bags, it gets frustrating using the 100lbs since they fly everywhere! Probably why people use bigger.

Comment

using the light bags (100- 175) you throw fast with quick power so the bag doesn't start doing a helicopter swing....

Big bags (200-UP) you still throw fast but ya wanna dig the punches a lil more...like ya trying to punch his heart from under the lungs and ribs...

250-UP HEAVY bags BUILD BIG POWER.... Lighter ones build power too.. but they get softer quicker of course...

The harder the bag the softer your opponents face.

Comment

Most heavyweights use a 70-100lbs heavybag. Foreman used a 70-100lbs one, but had his trainer hang onto it. Max Baer also used a 100lbs bag. Tyson used a 150 or so bag. Rocky Marciano is the only fighter that I have seen routinely hit the 300lbs bag, which is a custom made bag that is only made on special request. Probably the biggest bag you will be able to get ahold of on your own is either a 150lbs sand filled one, or a 200lbs water one. Go with sand!

Comment

Originally posted by XionComrade View Post
            Most heavyweights use a 70-100lbs heavybag. Foreman used a 70-100lbs one, but had his trainer hang onto it. Max Baer also used a 100lbs bag. Tyson used a 150 or so bag. Rocky Marciano is the only fighter that I have seen routinely hit the 300lbs bag, which is a custom made bag that is only made on special request. Probably the biggest bag you will be able to get ahold of on your own is either a 150lbs sand filled one, or a 200lbs water one. Go with sand!

I thought foreman used a 200 - 250lbs bag? At least thats what Archie Moore said in an interview I might be wrong.

Comment

u probably don't need a 300 lb bag, there's other ways to get more punching power, like hitting a tire with a sledgehammer or working certain hard labor jobs

Comment

what sight can you find a bag that is heavier then 100#, and where can you find a heavy bag/speed bag holder that can hold the 100+ bag? thanks, im new to this , and was wanting to possible purchase my first bag.

Comment

http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...ning-bags.html

You can get them cheaper from somewhere else.

I think there is something wrong with my bag, I softened it up within a week well most of it, but some parts are extremely hard. It feels like punching cement, sometimes hurts. The inside has reclaimed fibers...

It's a 100lb bag the company is Everlast.

Why do you suggest sand? Is it so that it doesn't get soft?

I have my bag outside, I can't fit it inside the rain probably did something to my bag.

Comment

The sand one is easier to maintain and gives a much better workout. Technically the 200lbs water moves way before the 150lbs sand does.

The everlast SUPER leather training bags don't get hard like that, its just the way the other bags are made, it eventually smashes the sand up and makes the bag as hard if not harder than a cement wall! Its just something some bags are supposed to do, they just get harder so your hands will have to adjust! But yes it is sand filled, water will make it a little crazy.

Ive seen Foreman hitting the bag, its on youtube http://youtube.com/watch?v=jvirljx6ob4 here, its not a big bag. You won't find a bag over 200lbs for personal use and that one has water. 150lbs is as heavy as you should be getting and it should be sand filled IMO.
                    Last edited by XionComrade; 03-16-2007, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X