No announcement yet.

James Toney Has a Belt from 5/17?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    As far as I know, Toney never won a belt at Heavyweight.
    John Ruiz WBA

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post

This cat is still fighting man? HAHA, Toney is a fuhreak!!!
      Why doesn't Eddie Hearn contact Toney and offer the Dillian Whyte fight to him? I am pretty sure that James could use the extra $4 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        John Ruiz WBA
        I thought that fight was overturned and Toney was stripped for failing the drug test. Does it still count as an official title win?

Comment

He beat John Ruiz or the WBA
          He was stripped of that title for failing his drug test.

Toney was never a title holder at HW.

Comment

I thought that fight was overturned and Toney was stripped for failing the drug test. Does it still count as an official title win?
            Of course it doesn't.

You can't win a title, fail the post fight drug test and get stripped and then still be considered a title holder.

Go on the WBA's website and see if James Toney was ever a title holder. He wasn't.

Comment

Yeah you're right. He owned a fringe IBA title at HW for what it's worth..... look man I like James and I'm trying to give him props here and you're ****ing it up. Haha

Comment

Except for a former MW, James, stopped him. One of only 2 people to accomplish that. Holyfield had a granite chin. I guess I'm just more easily impressed:::::: and he is not even in f-cking shape might I add
                He stopped a shot to **** version that any decent HW would have stopped.

That's not an accomplishment. Holyfields W-L record in recent fights was terrible at that time and went on to be even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  He stopped a shot to **** version that any decent HW would have stopped.

That's not an accomplishment. Holyfields W-L record in recent fights was terrible at that time and went on to be even worse.
                  You hate James huh? I'm going to let you tear him apart. The mans a legend to me

Comment

You hate James huh? I'm going to let you tear him apart. The mans a legend to me
                    Don't hate him just don't give credit for things that aren't there.

He stopped Holyfield. Great, a shot version that can't beat Larry Donald. Well done I guess

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Don't hate him just don't give credit for things that aren't there.

He stopped Holyfield. Great, a shot version that can't beat Larry Donald. Well done I guess
                      Impressive to me that he moves up from MW and James was out of shape and shot too. Not to many are cracking holyfields chin. But we can just agree to disagree. Respect

Comment

Working...
                      X