Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ggg vs canelo breaks 2 million ppv buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always go with about 2/3rds of what they say. They say 2 million, which actually means 1.3 million.

Pretty good. When you get 2 big names in a fight the fans want, it will do well.

Comment

Originally posted by 187 Proof View Post
      I swear, Borat fans are the scum of the earth, .

Borat has done 97K and 170K PPVs, Ca$hneo has done 2.2M, 1M, 900K, yet Borat is the draw.
      97K is not true first off. Funny how you take one guy but all other sources have a higher number.

And all those other fights that Canelo did big PPV numbers had guys who were popular fighters to say the least.

You don't get to this type of number alone, or should I say just carrying the fight by yourself.

Comment

Canelo can be a PPV star but he still needs a dance partner that's equally as big to break the big number. Canelo/GGG was a big fight demanded by the public because they wanted Canelo and GGG. Now, Canelo/Liam still brought in buys but not the big numbers because Liam is not a name. No matter how big Canelo gets he still needs a solid dance partner to rack up the big PPV numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by French-Punch View Post
          I read somehwere that Canelo was going to cash between 30 - 40 millions $$$ with this fight and GGG somewhere around 25 - 30 millions $$$

5 million seems way too low, especially for a fight of this magnitude.
          Lol, in what world does Alvarez give up 45% of his pot to a guy who's maybe sold 150k PPV buys?

The delusion here is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
            The fight did a $30 million dollar gate. The whole event was an ENORMOUS financial success. BOTH fighters GOT PAID!!!
            Source or stfu

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
              97K is not true first off. Funny how you take one guy but all other sources have a higher number.

And all those other fights that Canelo did big PPV numbers had guys who were popular fighters to say the least.

You don't get to this type of number alone, or should I say just carrying the fight by yourself.
              Oh, stfu you sissy. Canelo's low end PPVs are 300K (Lara), 300K (Smith), 350K (Angulo) and 500+K (Khan).

The fight did well because of Ca$hnelo's popularity and because it was a good matchup. Zero to do with Borat. Whether it was Borat or anybody else, Ca$hnelo + a perceived good opponent = excellent numbers. Ca$hnelo + a nobody = good numbers. Borat + nobody = s**t. Borat + a perceived good opponent = piss.

Keep sucking off Borat you queer.
              Last edited by 187 Proof; 06-07-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                You nuts if you think the fight didn't do over 1m. Golden Boy and K2 have both confirmed that all the numbers are above the Chavez fight which did over 1M. And if Fat Boy dan is true he says he got the info from HBO guys that it might crack 2M. Either he's lying or HBO feels extremely confident if they leaking that info out to the media. No other reason to do it they already sold the fight what do they get out of lying and setting a higher bench mark if they know they can't clear it?
                Stephen Espinoza was asked about Mayweather-McGregor, after Dana White went public with his initial number, and though he was unwilling to give a specific number, he was confident enough in what they were getting to tell folks how big the event was looking to be and put out a range for what they believed the event was initially looking at doing.

No such information has yet to be out forward by anyone involved in the fight who would actually know.

Businesses do things differently, but if HBO really was sitting on an event that was doing 2m PPV buys, do you honestly think that Peter Nelson would simply sit quiet with that, after all of the current talk of the demise of HBO Boxing?

Now, why would HBO lie? Because Showtime has already gone public with their number, and if Alvarez-Golovkin really did as some folks think, you're talking about HBO's big event that they'd been hyping for almost two years ended up doing a 6th of the business of a fight that was basically hyped for just over a summer.

Then again, who knows? The Saturday after the PPV is tomorrow, the general consensus is that the intro range on the event should be made public by Monday, and continued radio silence from the actual principals would make the truth pretty obvious

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  yes because of Canelo... are you ******ed! Canelo is a bigger draw today then he was BEFORE he beat Cotto do you not get that? If he fought Chavez before Cotto does it do 1m? I don't think so. Floyd sold MORE ppvs against Robert Guerrero then he did when he fought Hatton and the same he did against Marquez. Do you think Guerreo is a bigger draw then Juan Manuel Marquez and Ricky Hatton were? Or did Floyd just become a bigger draw over the years that past since when he fought Hatton and Marquez and that's why it did more PPVs? Canelo is bigger today then he was 2-3 years ago. GGG just did 110-170K his last fight which was billed the biggest fight of his career. Canelo did over 1m his last fight. It's clear who is driving the PPV buys and who isn't.
                  Goddman you're a ****ing moron. Canelo's last fight he did less than a million against chavez jr So his popularity went up by almost 1 million PPV BUYS in a matter of 4 months against ggg? STAMP ****** ON YOUR FOREHEAD.
                  Last edited by satiev1; 09-22-2017, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                    Fantastic News for Canelo if true.

His 2nd 2 Million Plus PPV and still only 27 Years old.

I'd like to see Canelo face BJS in May and then Rematch GGG in September.
                    I'm down with this! May
                    Canelo vs BJS
                    GGG vs Jacobs
                    2 bs fights

That's worth an $80 PPV I think
                    Winners fight each other in September

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      I didn't get the vibe about this fight like I did with other high PPV fights. Usually you'll hear a lot of chatter in the streets from casual fans but not this time. I heard quite a bit for Mayweather/Canelo and a whole lot for Mayweather/Pacquiao and McGregor. 2 Mil might be a stretch.
                      Pause for a moment. Maybe it's because I was flying back into the country on Saturday and slept in Sunday, but, judging controversy aside, I don't think that the aftermath interest even approached what came after Cotto-Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X