Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Ready: Bring on Daniel Jacobs at 168, He Beat Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever Chavez, I've observed telephone conversations that had more heat and contact than that fight. Hopefully Jacobs gets paid for shutting you up.

Comment

JCC has the nerve to embarrass the entire boxing world and then proclaim he is ready for his next fight, and Jacobs at that???? Thats like throwing a wild party at work, getting in trouble with management and then walking in the next day and demanding a raise!!
      Last edited by richardt; 05-10-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        dude you just said it yourself, the biggest fight of his career came after he got beat up by a gatekeeper in fonfara. i don't expect him to make six million again, but the guy 100% won't have trouble finding work considering that he's a chavez and easy to beat. his management probably get phone calls constantly.
        Yes and like I said he had to wait 2 years to get another big fight after the Fonfara disaster. This loss is WORSE because Canelo is smaller then him and a Meixcan and on a Mexican holiday that set all kinds of records so EVERYBODY saw it while less people saw the Fonfara beat down. No doubt he can get another fight if he fights basically for free but then how does Jacobs get paid for that? Jacobs wants money and Chavez can't bring money right now because his name is shyt to fans and networks. He would need to totally rebuild his image before any network pays a dime or fight for free.

Chavez is truly delusional and think his name still holds the same weight as it did 30mins for the Canelo fight started.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
          What balls? DId you see the fight? The kid's a silver spoon idiot with no character. I get it... but who dares give him money to fight again... and the people who pay to watch him fight are the ones who should be shamed! His dad should have slapped him in the ring...

chavez has been missing weight, not showing up to fight, quitting, getting popped for drugs, etc, for a while now. and his last fight was his biggest. so he gets the balls to fight again [yes, the balls,] because of all of the money he makes. he's not trying to be the best. he's trying to fool people. he may or may not fool people about that, all he cares about is getting a contract to fight again. he's a conman making money. it's more common in boxing that you'd expect. people are idiots. they're idiots for calling for htis fight, idiots for buying it [which i did myself, but only because i want canelo to do well a on ppv and for the golovkin fight to happen before golovkin is compeltely done,] and idiots for not realizing that chavez is a quittting, weight cheating, drug taking conman who made his name fighting guys 2-3 weight classes smaller than he was.

boxers like chavez don't give a **** about winning, parody, competition, etc. he gets the balls to fight because of the money he makes. and he makes money because mexican casuals are idiots and bought into the idea that he was "more mexican" than canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            You know he'll be happy to split the headliner fee of an HBO card plus there are alot of people within reach of his weight that need a scalp on their resume which the networks might want to hoist up or bring to prominence with casuals by pitting them against Chavez Jr. He's got two or three paydays left and unless he pulls off an upset in one of them his career is dead after that. He's now become a scalp for others and he'll cash out on that.
            If he just wants to be a stepping stone for other fighters yes he can do that. But he will be making little money because his name is shyt right now. Do you see Chavez who was refusing and turning down fights 1-2 years ago over money taking peanuts to get his brains beat for little money? He made 2.5m to fight Fonfara which at the time was him taking a paycut and considered a knock the rust off fight. Is he willing to fight top guys for a couple hundred thousand? Because no network is paying this quitter even 1m. The problem isn't getting fights it's where is the money going to come from to pay Chavez.

Comment

Let's be honest tho... DJ will probably not fight again until waaaaay past the smoke clears from Sept. Anyway.

Jr.'s best bet would be calling out "Zurdo" Ramirez... fugg it.
              Arum would make his rising star a decent payday & get him some eyes watching.
              ("Zurdo" has has a chance to absorb JCCJrs following)

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                If Chavez can catch Jacobs he can win, but I have to with my man the miracle man
                Catch Jacobs? Come on man Chavez is, was and will always be a punching bag. He just wants 1 more payday and to see if Jacobs can knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  just after a b1tch ass performance ?....no thank you
                  Both coming off of losses though, Jacobs could easily make 168 and both guys kinda flopped and lied to the fanbase they promised to go for it, but neither really did prove they wanted it obviously this is WAY more true for Chavez Jr, but it also rings true for Jacobs who thought he could just coast on the back foot whilst consistently being hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong-Un View Post
                    Both coming off of losses though, Jacobs could easily make 168 and both guys kinda flopped and lied to the fanbase they promised to go for it, but neither really did prove they wanted it obviously this is WAY more true for Chavez Jr, but it also rings true for Jacobs who thought he could just coast on the back foot whilst consistently being hit.

dude jacobs fought very well and had a great gameplan. could have easily won that fight, though i thought golovkin's jab helped him win a lot of rounds.

chavez is a con artist whose only hope was to drain himself, make weight as a zombie, and rely on his size to beat a smaller man if he could rehydrate and be healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Yes and like I said he had to wait 2 years to get another big fight after the Fonfara disaster. This loss is WORSE because Canelo is smaller then him and a Meixcan and on a Mexican holiday that set all kinds of records so EVERYBODY saw it while less people saw the Fonfara beat down. No doubt he can get another fight if he fights basically for free but then how does Jacobs get paid for that? Jacobs wants money and Chavez can't bring money right now because his name is shyt to fans and networks. He would need to totally rebuild his image before any network pays a dime or fight for free.

Chavez is truly delusional and think his name still holds the same weight as it did 30mins for the Canelo fight started.

nobody is saying he'll make seven figures for his next fight. but he'll undoubtedly make six once he tunes up once.

chavez is a con artist. he never took seriously his boxing career, or tried to be the best. he tried to capitalize on his name to gain the advantage of size against smaller guys. used drugs likely throughout the entirety of his run as a TV fighter, too. popped, hooked up with memo, fights at CW size after MW and SMW weigh ins.

chavez is not deluded to think his name still holds some water. he's been a sham for years and he just had his biggest fight. he'll make more money in his next fight than many of his countrymen will make in a lifetime. never once did i claim he'd score another six million. but i stand by the fact that he'll make six figures again, and maybe even in his next fight against a no hoper in mexico.

Comment

Working...
                      X