No announcement yet.

Brits on tour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    Did he lose the fight or just lose the decision?
    Soro deserved the victory but there was a bit of controversy concerning the referee's ruling on a headbutt, not as wide as the judge's had it either.

Comment

- John O'Donnell & Chris Eubank Jr off the Canadian card this weekend.

- Deion Jumah makes his second appearance in a professional ring in as many weeks on the undercard of Nielsen-Mendy.

- Ashley Sexton travels to Belgium to take on Stephane Jayome for the European bantamweight title, big ask for Flash Ash on 9th March.

- Luke Blackledge enters the lion's den once again in Denmark as he takes on hard-hitting Rudy Markussen on 13th April.

Comment

I'm hoping Mendy can pull off an upset this weekend

Comment

Big, big ask for Sexton....but I am kind of surprised that Jamoye is coming out relatively soon after what I am lead to believe was a hard fight with Haskins. The guy must be a bit of a gym rat or perhaps they think Ash is easy stuff.

Might have a little flutter on Sexton, he's got a lot riding on this fight and can be very good when the mood takes him.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            I'm hoping Mendy can pull off an upset this weekend
            Nielsen is pretty wild, should be a good fight, Mendy isnt great but neither is Nielson

Comment

Blackledge ending up fighting for a youth title against talented Swedish prospect, Erik Skoglund. I haven't seen the fight but the judges scores were close, from what I have read he put on a good performance.

I'll update this thread later on.

Comment

I personally wouldn't have put Blackledge into that fight although I'm sure it's difficult being a prospect without much exposure or a major promoter. But some match-ups are 50/50 and being the guy who travels can make a difference.

Still, it's nice that a fighter wanted to test himself and take risks, it could be a learning experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  I personally wouldn't have put Blackledge into that fight although I'm sure it's difficult being a prospect without much exposure or a major promoter. But some match-ups are 50/50 and being the guy who travels can make a difference.

Still, it's nice that a fighter wanted to test himself and take risks, it could be a learning experience.
                  Aye but he travelled over there last year to beat Mads Larsen, I guess his promoter's/management are taking anything they can get. A lot of the comments from those who saw the fight are questioning why he isn't on TV as he has a fan friendly style.

I don't think he had much of an amateur career, into unlicensed boxing and decided to turn professional. He's still young but I'd like to see someone with a tv deal pick him up as he obviously has some talent.

Comment

Hughie Fury fights on his cousin's undercard against another 1-fight novice.

Gary Buckland travels to Argentina and fights on the Murray-Martinez undercard against 48-5, Fernando Saucedo.

Lenny Daws takes on Michele Di Rocco in the Italian's backyard for the EU light welterweight belt on the 27th April.

James DeGale travels to Canada to fight on 17th May, opponent TBA.

Anthony Ogogo is due to fight on the Peterson-Matthysse undercard on the 18th May, opponent TBA.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      James DeGale travels to Canada to fight on 17th May, opponent TBA.
                      That was a bit under the radar!

Comment

Working...
                      X