Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigo slams Donaire, Rachel Donaire responds (lol)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigo slams Donaire, Rachel Donaire responds (lol)

MANILA, Philippines - Guillermo Rigondeaux is no different from the others. He’s confident and ****y, and he loves to trash talk.

After his April 13 unification fight with Nonito Donaire Jr. was announced the other day in New York, the Cuban defector and now resident of Miami quickly got the ball rolling.

He took a verbal swing at Donaire, the reigning WBO super-bantamweight champion who earned the 2012 Fighter of the Year award by winning all his four fights last year.

Rigondeaux, the WBA champion, said he could have beaten all of Donaire’s latest victims – Wilfredo Vasquez Jr., Jeffrey Mathebula, Toshiaki Nishioka and Jorge Arce.

In one day.

The gold medalist in the 2000 and 2004 Olympics told boxing radio program “The Boxing Voice” that Donaire hasn’t fought anyone like him in the past.

Sportshub ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
    And that everything will change on April 13 at the Radio City Music Hall in New York.

“I’m going to be the best at 122 lbs after this. They made his career easy. He fights retire(d) people. His last four opponents come on!” Rigondeaux said.

“The Asian one can’t see. Arce was an old lady at the time he fought him. (Lmao) If they gave me his last four opponents, I’ll beat them in one day,” he added.

Rigondeaux was of course referring to Nishioka of Japan who was knocked out by Donaire inside nine rounds last October in Carson, California.

“My pure talent is how I am going to beat him. I’m going to put it on him. He doesn’t know how to beat me. It’s going to be my little present for 2013. They’re underestimating me. I’m a better boxer than him and I hit just as hard.”

Donaire did not retaliate but his pregnant wife Rachel had something to say.

“I never had morning sickness but I am disgusted by the racism Rigo is showing towards Asians,” said Donaire’s wife on her Twitter account.

“I really hope @filipinoflash (Donaire) KO’s him cold. Then we’ll see what his vision is like...,” said one of the Filipino boxer’s followers on Twitter, Zarar Mohammed.

Before the fight was officially announced, there was a standoff after Donaire said he won’t sign the contract unless Rigondeaux submitted to drug testing under VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency).

Rigondeaux said he wants the tests done by USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency).

At one point, chief promoter Bob Arum thought of calling it off. Then both boxers seemingly agreed to do both tests, and the fight was announced.

Tickets go on sale starting today.

May as well give his missus that fighter of the year award, she has more balls than he does.

hahaha, awesome. Damn Rigo is so awesome!!! CULT OF RIGO

Comment

Not a huge fan of either fighter but I hope Donaire knocks this racist out cold.

Comment

So... does describing a fighter by his ethnicity because you don't know his name make you a racist these days?

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
          Not a huge fan of either fighter but I hope Donaire knocks this racist out cold.
          At least you have a hope. You'll have to deal with the truth April 14th.

Comment

rachel is lame. I can't wait for the day she exits the sport

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              rachel is lame. I can't wait for the day she exits the sport
              Jin Mosley >>>>

Comment

New video from Rigo

Comment

Hahaha! Racism is hilarious.

Comment

Rigo is awesome! I hope be outclasses that Donaire hype job...by the way, where was the racist comment by Rigo?

Comment

Working...
                    X