Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows the most about boxing around here???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    u........................
    d.................................

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      d.................................
      d............./

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Everyone who posts here semi-regularly is awesome and can be learned from, thanks to anyone who gave me a shout.

There's people who don't post much here as well that know a good bit of history but prefer the current side of it.

After the JMM-Pac fight I became disillusioned with modern boxing to an extent, then the fight I was looking forward to in Khan vs Peterson is cancelled due to terosterone abuse? I was annoyed to say the least.
        That bold part would probably be me and I pretty much agree with that last paragraph too, but for me it probably happened around the time most boxers became content to just win one alphabet belt and not all 3 (later 4) or not a lineal or Ring title belt, therefore seem to have no desire to become undisputed champion, although sometimes they do want to but sometimes can't seem to get fights against other top contenders or other champions in their weight class. That was probably around the time I became disillusioned. And when most of the general public stopped caring about boxing. We don't even hear that much about American boxers coming out of the summer Olympics anymore. Years ago, Andre Ward probably would've been a bigger star, for example. You're definitely one of the others I forgot to include Barnburner.

Comment

The greatA knows his ****. Poet, Jab, New england are some others who know a lot.

I think I'm a decent poster, I try to be a realist but not all historians are realists so i run into flak now and then. However we can all learn from each other.

I'd pick theGreatA as my top choice though, he knows much more than me and seems to keep it real as well.

A lot of knowledgeable posters are the :"Harry Greb p4p best ever based on magazine articles type" which I classify as the same people who think Bruce lee would go 200-0 in professional boxing.
          Last edited by them_apples; 05-24-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

IMO, TheGreatA, Nchristo, and IronDan are in my top 3...In any order. I think they're top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              The greatA knows his ****. Poet, Jab, New england are some others who know a lot.

I think I'm a decent poster, I try to be a realist but not all historians are realists so i run into flak now and then. However we can all learn from each other.

I'd pick theGreatA as my top choice though, he knows much more than me and seems to keep it real as well.

A lot of knowledgeable posters are the :"Harry Greb p4p best ever based on magazine articles type" which I classify as the same people who think Bruce lee would go 200-0 in professional boxing.
              The glaring difference to me in that comparison is Harry Greb isn't an actor and is a professional fighter who beat ATG's multiple times and has one of the best resumes ever.

Pretty much polar opposite to Bruce Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                The glaring difference to me in that comparison is Harry Greb isn't an actor and is a professional fighter who beat ATG's multiple times and has one of the best resumes ever.

Pretty much polar opposite to Bruce Lee.
                This made me laugh

Comment

There are many many great posters in the section. I came here to learn new things and share what I know. And so far I have learn't a hell of a lot from these guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X