No announcement yet.

Hafthor (thor) bjornsen set to attempt deadlift WR of 501KG next month

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hafthor (thor) bjornsen set to attempt deadlift WR of 501KG next month

Eddie hall who owns current WR of 500 kg says it shouldn't be counted due to it being at Thor's gym in Iceland.

He says he doesn't trust the Icelanders.

Thoughts?
    Oh yes fellow yanks 500 kg is 1100 pounds

It should be noted Thor was going to attempt it at a big show in Dubai next month anyway but coronavirus restrictions now require he do it in his gym in Iceland.

IdK what to think.

I see points from both sides.

Comment

Does it really count as an official world record If you do it home at your own gym instead of at competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
        Does it really count as an official world record If you do it home at your own gym instead of at competition?
        It shouldn't. Too easy to cheat.

Comment

501kg lol

Why not just do 500 kilos and 50 grams

Comment

He’s been training for a year close to for this, he was talking of it last year that he would try.

Honestly Thor has grown into a complete strongman the last few years. Shaw if fit can beat him else Licis will lose title to him.

Mateusz in a couple of years will beat him and Tom Stoltman in a few years will be the top 3 along with Mateusz and Thor

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
              Well to be a world record it has to have certain officials from whatever the sanctioning bodies/organizations that verify lifts at meets.

Still the officials will be Icelanic so...

And he was going to attempt it at a huge international show in Dubai with judges and officials from around the world.

So it's not like he plotted this all along. I imagine the training leading up to this has been downright brutal and expensive with all the roids and food.

He'll prolly put on at least 50 or more pounds from his typical "walk around" weight which I can only imagine the amount of calories required since usually hangs out around 400ish.

Eddie hall I think put on 85 pounds when he claimed the WR. He was like 435ish. And he looked so damn bloated lol like 35 pounds or so was water weight.

It's just such a huge stress and shock to the body to blast and cruise on such ridiculous levels of anabolics. Plus all the eating and force-feeding is terrible for the body.

Yet still Eddie makes very legit points.

Personally I'm looking forward to Thor attempting the lift but I think it shouldn't be counted as an official WR. Should still get credit and treated as a real lift but not an official WR.

Tbf neither Eddie nor potentially Thor's lifts would fly in power-lifting meet as they both are wearing wrist-straps and a "DL'ing suit."

Thanks for your response my good man..

Comment

Do they get to do drugs to achieve this, or do they have testing?

Or is like cycling where nobody got caught, or boxing where people get caught and then say, oh, that's cool, you can fight in six months, it was just 4 hardcore drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  He’s been training for a year close to for this, he was talking of it last year that he would try.

Honestly Thor has grown into a complete strongman the last few years. Shaw if fit can beat him else Licis will lose title to him.

Mateusz in a couple of years will beat him and Tom Stoltman in a few years will be the top 3 along with Mateusz and Thor
                  Good post

Yeah Thor is a beast. His static lifts as well as movement/momentum "strongman" type lifts are all on point.

Shaw is well past it IMO.. too many injuries. He knows it I think. Currently he seems to be focusing on bench pressing.

Matheusz is by far the best athlete he just is really lacking in a few areas.

Licis and thor should be battling for top spot the next 5 years or so.

The stones Thor is so beastly- those long ass arms really give him an edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    It shouldn't. Too easy to cheat.
                    Yeah IMO it should be counted by the fans as legit - we should give him benefit of the doubt...

but shouldn't "be counted for real" if the records if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X