No announcement yet.

Man Fury is a good dude

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    He ain't fat now! His face is pretty slim. I say an in shape Fury beats Wilder...and he looks in shape.
    He looks awesome! Lost a ton of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      He ain't fat now! His face is pretty slim. I say an in shape Fury beats Wilder...and he looks in shape.
      the problem for me is that anyone can get in shape, but what has all the time out, cocaine, drinking etc. really done to him?

look at Haye, he looks as good as you possibly can for a boxer on the scales or in training clips but inside his body was wrecked and finished.

Fury it still fairly young though, so maybe he can get back to what he was. it will be a great fight if so. His comeback fights dont tell us much, but at least we know he's still many many levels above some lower euro level fighters, so that's something at least, i suppose..

a 100% Fury beats anyone in the division today i think. Although wilder has the best equaliser in the game.
      Last edited by TheBigLug; 11-01-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        the problem for me is that anyone can get in shape, but what has all the time out, cocaine, drinking etc. really done to him?

look at Haye, he looks as good as you possibly can for a boxer on the scales or in training clips but inside his body was wrecked and finished.

Fury it still fairly young though, so maybe he can get back to what he was. it will be a great fight if so. His comeback fights dont tell us much, but at least we know he's still many many levels above some lower euro level fighters, so that's something at least, i suppose..
        These are the questions I have. That said Jon Jones parties like a rock star and smashes everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          These are the questions I have. That said Jon Jones parties like a rock star and smashes everyone.
          Hatton always springs to mind though. He spent 3 years out of the ring doing coke and drinking and with depression, made a comeback and got stopped by Senchenko

Hatton was older and shot anyway, but i don't think Senchenko would've stopped him like that if there wasn't something wrong with Hatton.

Comment

Hatton always springs to mind though. He spent 3 years out of the ring doing coke and drinking and with depression, made a comeback and got stopped by Senchenko

Hatton was older and shot anyway, but i don't think Senchenko would've stopped him like that if there wasn't something wrong with Hatton.
            Pac ruined Hatton and yeah I'm sure the blow didn't help none.

Comment

a 100% Fury beats anyone in the division today i think. Although wilder has the best equaliser in the game.
              This...and he's been very dedicated for some time now. His comeback fights...especially the last one give you an idea of his conditioning and how far of the mark he was. The Pianeta fight was mid Aug...he didn't look the least bit tired at the end...and Aug would have been enough time for him to peak by Dec with hard work which I believe he's put in.

Look at that video at 16:17 back during the press conference with Wilder (whenever that was) and how much slimmer he has gotten since then. He seems physically and mentally focused...and he has the type of style and speed to give Wilder trouble.

Should be a great match-up...I can't wait.
              Last edited by jaded; 11-01-2018, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Fury is gonna take him to school

Comment

I like Fury as a person, and I believe he beats anyone not named Deontay Wilder. I'm expecting him to come in great shape, equalizing what he used to be because of it. The speed and movement are there, from the training clips I've watched.

However, Wilder is the strongest puncher in boxing history. The only stronger one might be me, but I've got enough issues just trying to stop my own eyeballs from popping, so I'll leave myself out of this (hehe). At the end of the day, Wilder brings the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZQUU UAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD(!!!!!!), and no one is standing up to those shots.

Sure, it's entirely possible that Fury could steal a night from anyone in the game, but what I see in Wilder is someone who hasn't even reached his maximum potential yet. The only thing stopping this guy is age, and it's too soon for that right now. As long as he keeps improving, and I expect he will, Deontay Wilder is the heavyweight king for the foreseeable future. Certainly, when he knocks out Fury, Joshua will be nowhere to be found.

Like Naazim Richardson said, Wilder is still learning to box, but he's a learning fighter that fights as if he has rocks in his hands. That dude's going to catch you, and, when he does, it's goodnight. The whole learning boxing thing will come with time. I've mimicked his style already, and I see where the power comes from. It's a good punching style (I've set it as a distance-alternate, personally). His athleticism propels it; people make fun of his legs, but those legs are going to KO Fury.

I will say this, though, he needs make sure his jab is on point vs Fury. Wilder has an excellent guy in Mark Breland for that, so it's time to take it to the next level. He cannot let Fury dictate the fight with jabs like Ortiz did. That pitty-patty stuff would just allow Fury to figure out his range. Wilder needs to crush him, over and over again, until Fury realizes he can't set the tone.

It's going to be one heck of a fight, and I hope both fighters receive the credit they deserve when it's all set and done. I hope Fury continues to fight after this. The sport needs him, and he needs the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    I know this is off topic but hes talks a lot about other things besides boxing. Im becoming a fan.
                    Good interview.

Yeah, I've always liked listening to Tyson. Always fun and pretty down to earth. Must be fun share a pint or twenty with him. Haha

Comment

I could listen to Fury talk all day. Has more charisma in his little finger than most other boxers combined. He should become a motivational speaker when he retires.

Fury is gonna take that bum Wilder to school btw, if anyone fancies a bet, hit me up.
                      Last edited by denium; 11-02-2018, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X