No announcement yet.

Push ups & abs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push ups & abs

Is it over training to do 100 push ups ,100 situps along with the ab wheel to failure every morning?

For some people it might be, for others no.

Just listen to your body and take days off if you feel they are needed.

Comment

I would take at least 2 days off IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        I would take at least 2 days off IMO.
        How many consecutive days would you do them?

Comment

Just do the insanity workout

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq☆233 View Post
            Is it over training to do 100 push ups ,100 situps along with the ab wheel to failure every morning?
            Are you also running 5 miles at 4am each morning?

That’s overtraining IMO

Comment

muscles, tendons and such need proper recovery time to get stronger. When you exercise a muscle intensely, it actually damages the muscle with micro tears. This is what causes the soreness. When the soreness goes away, it is time to exercise that muscle again. this means the muscle has repaired itself and gotten stronger. Failure to go through this recovery period will set you back on progression with that muscle group. Also this delayed onset muscle soreness can take 48 to 72hrs to appear. So don't always think the next day you are good.

Mix it up and do different muscle groups every day. As you progress, you should be able to increase the frequency. do not ever exercise a sore and tender muscle if possible. The one thing I like to do every day is jump rope for warm ups and also interval training, but it took a long time to be able to do that. Advance slowly and pay close attention to what your body is telling you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
                muscles, tendons and such need proper recovery time to get stronger. When you exercise a muscle intensely, it actually damages the muscle with micro tears. This is what causes the soreness. When the soreness goes away, it is time to exercise that muscle again. this means the muscle has repaired itself and gotten stronger. Failure to go through this recovery period will set you back on progression with that muscle group. Also this delayed onset muscle soreness can take 48 to 72hrs to appear. So don't always think the next day you are good.

Mix it up and do different muscle groups every day. As you progress, you should be able to increase the frequency. do not ever exercise a sore and tender muscle if possible. The one thing I like to do every day is jump rope for warm ups and also interval training, but it took a long time to be able to do that. Advance slowly and pay close attention to what your body is telling you.
                My new schedule has been weights, cardio, weights, weights, cardio, weights, day off

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq☆233 View Post

Nope

I'd highly recommend increasing the push ups and sit ups gradually every time you do it even changing to another situp/abwork variation

Or

Do your push ups every other day and constantly increase, abs you can work every day, day off would be good though

Comment

Originally posted by PhilPhilly View Post
                    Nope

I'd highly recommend increasing the push ups and sit ups gradually every time you do it even changing to another situp/abwork variation

Or

Do your push ups every other day and constantly increase, abs you can work every day, day off would be good though
                    Yes I agree with this. If you can do 100 pushups at a time, then you should be on your way to doing them every day. If you start to get sore you need to take a day or two off. Same with sit
                    ups. There are lots of variations on push ups as well. Hands together, hands far apart, hands shifted towards the waist. I like to do 5 sets of 20 each different variations.

Comment

Working...
                    X