Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 11:13 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3575 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,536,783.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default Poirier gives prediction for Khabib vs. Conor McGregor

It’d be an understatement to say Dustin Poirier is an interested observer in UFC 229’s mega-fight between UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor.

Poirier is currently slated to meet Nate Diaz in a highly-anticipated showdown on Nov. 3 at UFC 230. In doing so, “The Diamond” will welcome Diaz back the UFC fold less than a month after Nurmagomedov and McGregor collide in a matchup that very well could be the most successful pay-per-view in mixed martial arts history. A win over Diaz could set the stage for Poirier to fight the victor of Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor for the 155-pound title, so one would imagine Poirier will be keeping a close eye on UFC 229’s main event.

And when Poirier thinks about the stylistic matchup at play between the two popular lightweights, he can’t help but favor the division’s current king.

“I’m kinda leaning toward Khabib,” Poirier said Monday on The MMA Hour. “I just don’t know if he’s going to stop Conor or whatnot, but I’m thinking he’s going to get the victory.”

That being said, Poirier still carries intimate knowledge of the dangers McGregor brings to the cage. The two met at UFC 178 back in Sept. 2014 during both man’s featherweight days, and McGregor made short work of the American, downing Poirier with punches less than two minutes into the contest. That fight was just one of McGregor’s seven knockout victories under the UFC umbrella, so Poirier knows it’d be silly to discount the Irishman’s chances to pull off the upset against Nurmagomedov and reclaim his title.

“I mean, he has a huge chance,” Poirier said. “He’s got great timing, great judge of distance. We’ll just see if the takedown defense holds up and the cardio holds up. That’s all he has to do. The openings will be there, but he just has to stand the test of the wrestling and the conditioning, the physical part that Khabib’s going to put on early in the fight.”

One of the biggest questions surrounding UFC 229 is the mystery of how McGregor will fare after being sidelined for so long. “The Notorious” made his professional boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather last year, but hasn’t actually fought in MMA since his Nov. 2016 victory over Eddie Alvarez. That’s a lot of time off and could make ring rust a legitimate factor, especially with McGregor facing a foe as high-level as Nurmagomedov. But Poirier ultimately doesn’t see McGregor’s hiatus affecting the outcome once UFC 229 arrives.

“It’s all a mindset, really,” Poirier said. “Once you get your rhythm down, your timing, everything else falls into place.”
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-14-2018, 02:44 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1501 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 707,963,408,571.58
Total Points: 100,000,828,078,701,248.00
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Well I just read Ferguson was medically cleared, but Poirer is the #1 contender, so if Khabib could get past Conor, that would be a hell of a lightweight title fight as well. And then if Khabib can win that, maybe the previously cursed Ferguson fight can happen.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:13 AM #3
06-15

Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,011,389,127.00
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Well I just read Ferguson was medically cleared, but Poirer is the #1 contender, so if Khabib could get past Conor, that would be a hell of a lightweight title fight as well. And then if Khabib can win that, maybe the previously cursed Ferguson fight can happen.
I think Ferguson lost a lot of the momentum he had. He's now a liablity with that 'fresh' injury and I doubt they're gonna risk a 5th cancellation with Khabib any time soon. It's too bad because I think Ferguson can still beat Khabib and anybody else not named Conor(it's a styles issue).
BKM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:45 AM #4
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Quoted: 4406 Post(s)
BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,502,194,241,225.93
happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear 
No Message - fokas No Message - fokas new phone layout :fing02: love it!!! - -jose- No Message - alexander28 Happy Holidays BIGPOPPAPUMP - TBear 
Merry Christmas! - -jose- No Message - -jose- No Message - -jose- testing - cheeseburger Have a safe and Happy Holiday - TBear 
Merry Christmas - TBear Thanks - JimRaynor Merry Christmas - TBear One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder Love your articles - 7not8 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Scott-Weiland World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM- View Post
I think Ferguson lost a lot of the momentum he had. He's now a liablity with that 'fresh' injury and I doubt they're gonna risk a 5th cancellation with Khabib any time soon. It's too bad because I think Ferguson can still beat Khabib and anybody else not named Conor(it's a styles issue).
He's a "What If" fighter.
BIGPOPPAPUMP is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
conor, khabib, mcgregor, poirier, prediction

User Tag List