Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FACTS] Wilder Doing what Pacquiao Couldn't From 09-11: Call Out The King!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FACTS] Wilder Doing what Pacquiao Couldn't From 09-11: Call Out The King!

I've long been a critic of Wilder for several reasons on NSB:

He's severely flawed
    He had beaten no one (prior to the Povetkin talks and the Ortiz fight)

But I always maintained that he was an exciting fighter because he brings excitement to the ring, and the combination of his power, flaws, and mouth make him fun to watch.

By calling out Fury, Wilders stock goes up in my book - this is what we all wanted Pacmonster to do in 09, call out Floyd, and it NEVER HAPPENED, the fight happened but not when it really should have, and this is Pacquiaos fault for ducking the #1 in the division and kingpin.

Wilder deserves props for giving us this version of our superfight, for not robbing us. Do it for yourself, to prove yourself! To be the best you have to beat the best! For boxing, for the fans, for your pride, for everything dear to you.

Ali/Frasier
    Hearns/Haggler
    Trinidad/ODLH
    Corrales/Castillo
    Pacquiao/JMM
    Pacquiao/Mayweather
    Kovalev/Ward
    Roman/Rungvisai
    Wilder/Fury

You give Wilder credit for not fighting Povetkin? You must be really dedicated fanboy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      You give Wilder credit for not fighting Povetkin? You must be really dedicated fanboy lol.
      I don't give him credit for not fighting him, I gave him credit for trying to make it happen though.

Whether it was on Wilder or not for not happening wasn't the point though, I'm all for crucifying Wilder if it was on him, you are talking to a Fury fan, not a Wilder fan. I give credit when credit is due, and Wilder deserves credit for fighting Fury when he could safely duck him for 5 more years fighting AJ and then feasting on bums, shoe shiners, street sweepers, and part-time shovel salesmen.

Comment

Pacquaio is 1000x more popular than this Wilder character.
        Deontay wasn't even recognized by the media when he visited Trump in the WH.
        CNN couldn't identify him.
        Fury hasn't fought in 2 years and looked crap in his comeback fight.
        You can't be this stupid,
        comparing a legend to a guy whose manager said, "Wilder should not be rushed to fight Klitschko;" an almost retired Klitsch at that.
        Last edited by rickJen; 08-05-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          I don't give him credit for not fighting him, I gave him credit for trying to make it happen though.

Whether it was on Wilder or not for not happening wasn't the point though, I'm all for crucifying Wilder if it was on him, you are talking to a Fury fan, not a Wilder fan. I give credit when credit is due, and Wilder deserves credit for fighting Fury when he could safely duck him for 5 more years fighting AJ and then feasting on bums, shoe shiners, street sweepers, and part-time shovel salesmen.
          Nobody deserves credit for fighting nobody, fighters deserve credit for good fights. Stop acting like wife beaten up by a husband and saying it's fine, have some pride man, we fans deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            Pacquaio is 1000x more popular than this Wilder character.
            Deontay wasn't even recognized by the media when he visited Trump in the WH.
            CNN couldn't identify him.
            Fury hasn't fought in 2 years and looked crap in his comeback fight.
            You can't be this stupid,
            comparing a legend to a guy whose manager said, "Wilder should not be rushed to fight Klitschko;" an almost retired Klitsch at that.
            Wilder signed to fight Povetkin, and it was not his fault it didn't happen. You have to be a total idiot to think that.

It was Wlad that made that decision to fight AJ instead of Wilder after sparring both. Figure it out. Wlad was off for a year and a half, was 41, and coming off a horrible defeat where both guys looked like dog crap.

I laugh at all the UK fans agreeing with Hearn saying know one knows who Wilder is. If they know AJ, they know Wilder. All this damage control BS is laughable.

Comment

Sorry, but Wilder and his team get no credit from me for what looks like an opportunistic cherry pick. They know it's going to take Fury longer than 7 or 8 months to to get back to peak fitness after a mental breakdown, 100lb weight gain, and a 2 year booze, coke and junk food binge.

But I think it's going to back fire on them. Fury doesn't need to be at peak fitness to beat Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Sorry, but Wilder and his team get no credit from me for what looks like an opportunistic cherry pick. They know it's going to take Fury longer than 7 or 8 months to to get back to peak fitness after a mental breakdown, 100lb weight gain, and a 2 year booze, coke and junk food binge.

But I think it's going to back fire on them. Fury doesn't need to be at peak fitness to beat Wilder.
                Fury can beat Wilder at 25% of his full power, like a seasoned Vegeta.

Comment

He's severely flawed

But I always maintained that he was an exciting fighter because he brings excitement to the ring, and the combination of his power, flaws, and mouth make him fun to watch.

By calling out Fury, Wilders stock goes up in my book - this is what we all wanted Pacmonster to do in 09, call out Floyd, and it NEVER HAPPENED, the fight happened but not when it really should have, and this is Pacquiaos fault for ducking the #1 in the division and kingpin.

Wilder deserves props for giving us this version of our superfight, for not robbing us. Do it for yourself, to prove yourself! To be the best you have to beat the best! For boxing, for the fans, for your pride, for everything dear to you.

Ali/Frasier
                  Hearns/Haggler
                  Trinidad/ODLH
                  Corrales/Castillo
                  Pacquiao/JMM
                  Pacquiao/Mayweather
                  Kovalev/Ward
                  Roman/Rungvisai
                  Wilder/Fury

This Puerto Kneecan is still mad at Manny cause he gave Jotto an ass whooping. Lol. Let it go, Maricon.

Comment

He's severely flawed

Ali/Frasier
                    Hearns/Haggler
                    Trinidad/ODLH
                    Corrales/Castillo
                    Pacquiao/JMM
                    Pacquiao/Mayweather
                    Kovalev/Ward
                    Roman/Rungvisai
                    Wilder/Fury

When Pacquiao’s contract with arum was briefly over in 2011 he sent Koncz to Mayweather’s gym to seriously negotiate. But instead of negotiating Floyd offered them a flat fee of 40 million which was considered a deal breaker at that time.

Pacquiao agreed to the testing in 2011. He wasn’t signed by Arum when he sent Koncz.
                    Those were 2 things floyd was asking and he got it. Still no fight.

Now fast forward 6 yrs later.
                    Floyd is okay with 60-40 and not asking a flat fee.
                    He’s also okay working with Arum.

So go figure.

Comment

Working...
                    X