Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mayweather forced to fight Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no. canelo is nothing for floyd to fear.

Comment

He made a huge mistake. He should have picked Canelo instead of Guerrero in his last fight. He could have beaten the Canelo that fought Trout.

Showtime lost millions in the Guerrero fight. If he said no to the Canelo fight hell would break loose for him defending his refusal to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dudeiknow View Post
        Mayweather Vs Guerrero went on to do horrible numbers, and Showtime said "oh hell NO you arent going to play us like you did HBO..you fighting Canelo next whether you like it or not b1tch we paying you u better make us some money get yo ass out there hoe" Floyd had no choice but to fight Avarez he had been trapped into a corner and he would have no excuse to duck canelo since showtime hyped the fight during the post interview for may/guerrero and its a fight everyone wanted to see and it made sense and canelo had been chasing him for a long time and earned it after beating trout... so floyd got pissed and made alvarez drop 2 extra pounds below weight out of spite and now he cant even take his shades off because he says he has vampire eyes which is a result of him losing sleep cause showtime is feeding him to the wolves and he knows his days are numbered as being on top

Show me the video evidence where Showtime forced Floyd to take the fight.Wishful thinking does not equal fact.Fact is Floyd told Canelo that he would fight him next and that`s exactly what he did.Stop mistaking Floyd for Pacquiao who avoided tons of quality fighters to make it this far.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
          do you guys really think floyd chose to fight alvarez?

the mayweather/guerrero fight failed in terms of ppv numbers so the showtime execs forced floyd to fight alvarez.

its out of the ordinary for floyd to take such a dangerous fight...
          No. Floyd, and GB always planned for this fight to happen. They have been talking about this for the past 6 yrs or so. No one is going to force Floyd to fight anyone. Its just at the time, this is the biggest money fight so its time to get it on. And the reason he didnt sign a contract to fight Alvarez earlier this year, is because he had Ghost in front of him. I already knew that Floyd wasnt going to sign a contract to fight TWO opponents at once, when he had one opponent in front of him to worry about. Thats like an unwritten rule in boxing, where if you overlook an opponent its some sort of bad luck. Im sure maybe Floyd has done that when he was younger, but he's allot older now, and makes wiser choices.

Comment

I forgot Showtime has more pull than HBO

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
              A simple no you won't force Floyd into anything
              so canelo shows his middle finger in may 4 and floyd gives him the lotto ticket??

Comment

big fan of Mayweather skills but i think he was

n now hes saying that he loves the fans, but he is gonna fight the fight he wants, which is prolly hes gonna pop shot, i dont blame he can win easily like that, especially against slow n inexperienced Canelo

Comment

Yes! Not saying he was scared but showtime made him fight Canelo now after losing 12miLL.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                    Yes! Not saying he was scared but showtime made him fight Canelo now after losing 12miLL.
                    i think he was trying to build the fight bigger, too soon for young Canelo, but he still asked for a catchweight so he might be a lil scared

Comment

Well keep in mind that only the first fight of his Showtime deal was guaranteed. If Showtime told him to shove where was he going to go? HBO won't work with Al Haymon again and they have made that clear.
                      You really think Showtime was going to guarantee Floyd another $30 million for Devon Alexander or Danny Garcia? Not a chance, Showtime had some leverage and they used it.

Comment

Working...
                      X