British heavyweight prospects vs American heavyweight prospects

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    LOL you guys are overrating Dubois.

He's going to get knocked out, trust me.
    Do we know what his chin is like? Ajagba is #1 imo as far as prospects but I've never seen him really hit. People have said Yoka has chin issues but idk what happened for this to be mentioned. Hrgovic can take a punch. He's flawed defensively and his left is lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      LOL you guys are overrating Dubois.

He's going to get knocked out, trust me.
      Yep, and Franklin is going to clean his clock. The last two fighters Franklin fought were 43-1 if you take in account Porters last 18 fights he won in a row.

Neither fighter he fought were slouches. Both those guys Franklin fought are better than ANY fighter Dubois has fought. Booker and Forest are quality fighters who could beat fighters like Whyte, Hughie Fury, and Joe Joyce.

British boxing and its fans are still under the impression the guys like Breazele represent the talent and the American boxing fighting style/system.

You can wolf about your British fighters all you want but fighters like Ruiz and Franklin who came up thru the amateurs are far more skilled than newcomers like Breazele, Joshua, and Wilder. Only one of those guys has the talent to make up for their lack of ring experience/skills.

No one ever said that Franklin was a finished product. And if Dubois had to fight quality fighters like Forrest and Booker he wouldnt look impressive like fighting an unskilled punching bag like Gorman. Easy to look like the next big thing fighting Britv bums. Just like AJ knocking out Uber drivers.

I can see why your "Great" Hwys get dusted every time they come to the US. UK Prospects fight C-level guys like Gorman and look impressive but never really grow fighting talent like that. I guess thats why you guys feel like Fury won his fight with Wilder.

Fury is one of the few guys to last 12 rounds with a high class US fighter. But what is funny is that if roles were reversed and Fury had the belt and knocked Wilder on his a$$ twice while Wilder only outlanded Fury by 13 punches on compubox the same Brit crowd would have said Wilder got is @$$ whooped and was outclassed. No way would it be judged a draw in the UK with the champ putting the challenger on the canvas twice.

There isnt a credible fight in the last 40 years that you can reference that a champ got a draw under the same circumstances.

Keep on underestimating these young guys learning under fire. Fights like Booker and Forrest teach guys like Franklin how to make adjustments and to deal with adversity. And need I remind you that it isnt like he took major damage or got injured.

No everyone is going to have KO streaks when you actually fight quality competition made to make the fighter grow and not showcase him. Thats why the Brit crowd thinks guys with little skill and a lot of power like Whyte and Jousha are word class because they look like KO artist fighting slow punching bag Uber drivers who like Gorman are destined to be journeyman fighters.

I think Dubois has a lot of talent and could be champ one day but dude is going to in for a culture shock just like AJ and his fans once he hits US soil. Franklin is in the same boat as Ruiz after the Parker fight were the so called forum experts dont think highly of you because you dont fight and look like a video game fighter.

You would think you guys would be humble now that your Franchise fighter lost to a fighter now one in the US was anointing as the next big thing. You guy need to let these things play out more before you go bragging about "prospects" who wont be able to prove it in the ring for years because most Brit fighters rather hide in the UK rather than earn their chops in US gyms.

I guess you guys rather double down until Fury kisses the canvas Vs Wilder in a 2nd fight then brags about how many times hes gotten up from a Wilder knock down while Wilder "still" hasnt seen the canvas from Furys punches. But I guess most people who troll on this site will never see it that way as they have an agenda that sometime make me feel that some of these dude are paid Russian trolls.
      Last edited by Joe Gans Louis; 07-16-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gans Louis View Post
        I can see why your "Great" Hwys get dusted every time they come to the US. UK Prospects fight C-level guys like Gorman and look impressive but never really grow fighting talent like that. I guess thats why you guys feel like Fury won his fight with Wilder.

Fury is one of the few guys to last 12 rounds with a high class US fighter. But what is funny is that if roles were reversed and Fury had the belt and knocked Wilder on his a$$ twice while Wilder only outlanded Fury by 13 punches on compubox the same Brit crowd would have said Wilder got is @$$ whooped and was outclassed. No way would it be judged a draw in the UK with the champ putting the challenger on the canvas twice.

There isnt a credible fight in the last 40 years that you can reference that a champ got a draw under the same circumstances.
        You are right about one thing, there isn't a credible fight in the last 40 years like Fury / Wilder that ended in a draw, and thats including Fury / Wilder because the scoring of that fight just wasn't credible, boxing isn't scored by counting knock downs.

All the whataboutism aside, I'd trust UK judges more than US ones and I'm not from either.

Comment

Working...
        X