Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Reacts To The Chatter of a Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Reacts To The Chatter of a Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko Showdown

There have been reports from Filipino media outlets where Manny Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) has stated that he was in discussions to face WBO junior lightweight titlist, Vasyl Lomachenko in the spring. Pacquiao's statements caught many by surprise, because he's currently fighting at the welterweight limit of 147-pounds and Lomachenko is still competing at 126-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

LOL Arum. "Manny will fight Horn-Crawford winner in the fall"

and now "Manny will fight Lomachenko in the fall"

Comment

The damn Bobby Arum. He wants either Loma to rise or fall in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        The damn Bobby Arum. He wants either Loma to rise or fall in that one.
        The Bob father has spoken!

Comment

This would be like De La Hoya vs Pacquiao, the past prime legend moving down in weight to face the next rising superstar. I actually don’t mind this fight, Pacquiao would be essentially passing the torch of TR’s star fighter.

Comment

Loma isn't good enough to jump 2 weight classes?

Comment

Egis Klimas and Bob Arum better get on the same page.

Comment

Damn, Crawford's getting cucked.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Egis Klimas and Bob Arum better get on the same page.
                  Did Kovalev really say that?

As for Loma, I already know how the haters are going to spin these out of context quotes. In reality I just saw a video of Freddie Roach where he's saying Pacquiao needs a tuneup fight in April before fighting Loma in the fall. And that's for 140, not 135. So to think everyone else wanted Loma-Pacquiao at 140, but that his father said the weight is too much and that's the main reason the fight won't happen in April, is not what appears to be the case.

As for Loma-Rigo happening at 130, remember Loma offered the fight to Rigo at 126 first, and Rigo is the one who declined. So if Pacquiao was at 135 right now, and he offered the fight to Loma at 135, but Loma turned it down, and then Pacquiao outgrew 135 and moved to 140, and then Loma started calling Pacquiao out despite rejecting the fight at 135, and then Pacquiao offered it again at 140, but Loma rejected it again, then there would be a comparison between the two situations. But, that's not the case. Pacquiao has never officially offered Loma the fight at 135 the way Loma offered Rigo the fight at 126, otherwise I'm sure Loma would say yes, unlike Rigo at 126.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    This would be like De La Hoya vs Pacquiao, the past prime legend moving down in weight to face the next rising superstar. I actually don’t mind this fight, Pacquiao would be essentially passing the torch of TR’s star fighter.
                    Lomachenko walked into the ring for the Rigondeax fight at 138lbs, if memory serves me right.

Manny seems to have hipped himself to the game and is looking for a cash out fight that won't leave him ruined. Taking on a super featherweight (likely tops out at 135lbs before going over his head), who's not a destructive puncher, with acclaim in the boxing world isn't a bad way to go.

And, if for some reason, Pacquiao was able to starch Lomachenko, Arum and the spin machine would get up and running again, milking out the Pacquiao-Crawford fight long enough to get Pacquiao-Crawford at least one more payday before getting fed to Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                    X