No announcement yet.

Vitor Belfort comments about Uriah Hall fight fallout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitor Belfort comments about Uriah Hall fight fallout

Having a fight fall out the day before the bout is never a good feeling, especially when the opponent put in a full camp and was ready to go.

But future Hall of Famer Vitor Belfort has been around the block a few times and knows how this goes. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that he was gracious when his scheduled opponent for Sunday’s UFC St. Louis event, Uriah Hall, had to withdraw on Saturday when his weight cut went awry.

For Belfort, who has successfully weighed in at 186, this was supposed to be his retirement fight, after a career which included a UFC tournament win and a UFC light heavyweight title reign.

While Belfort wants to fight again sometime soon, sources told MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz that it will not be on the Feb. 3 UFC Belem card, saying it was too soon for Belfort to again cut down to middleweight.

Belfort posted in Portuguese and English to his Instagram account, wishing Hall well. You can see the post below.

I dedicated 2 months for this training camp. Stayed away from my family and who knows me knows how hard this is for me. I spent all necessary to have the best structure to achieve my goal. My team had an intense dedication even during the holidays. I did all my fight week obligations, cut the weight and made the fight weight. Unfortunately my opponent had a problem during his weight cut, I wish him a soon recovery Uriahhall .Now I just want to go back home and see my family. Thanks for all the support along this training camp.Love you all!!
Working...
X