Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be the worst job you can imagine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the worst job you can imagine?

Say we lived in a communist hell hole where, pretty much everything else was the same except one thing: You can't choose your own job, and your pay is not influenced by your type of work.

The standard pay is basically minimum wage, so regardless of your job you're basically poor.

This is indeed basically similar to how many people have lived in some times and places in some communist countries.

So, that's the premise.

For me, I think news anchor in a big city would be the worst possible job.

Like, an Anderson Cooper sort.

Most people would probably think toilet bowl scrubber in a train station or something, but dirty jobs aren't the lowest on my list.

Probably a call centre, mundane, getting told by people to "**** off" and "kill yourself" all day, preying on the elderly, bastards.

Comment

I'd hate to be a salesman or some **** calling other people on their homephone to sell some bull**** or scam them...

Comment

When I was younger I used to get my car parts at a certain parts auto store. I got to know most of the guys there, and as you know I'm always ready to shoot the bull.

Across the street was a ****o shop. One day there was some people protesting it. The guys at the auto parts store were goofing off and even had some binoculars out and were reading the protester's signs.

One of them starts talking about how a regular customer worked over there. I asked what the heck does a dude do over there. They told me his job was to put on a pair of galoshes and mop out the peek-a-boo stalls after closing time.

Comment

Id hate to be a cop in this day and age.

Comment

Any sort of home health care aide type person that'd have to wipe peoples asses if they were unable to. I hate wiping my own ass, so I'd be completely freaked out & probably puking over wiping someone elses ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Probably a call centre, mundane, getting told by people to "**** off" and "kill yourself" all day, preying on the elderly, bastards.
              Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
              I'd hate to be a salesman or some **** calling other people on their homephone to sell some bull**** or scam them...
              Ah yeah, this could be a winner.

Utterly true story, I worked at a call center, and wound up being forced to hand in my badge when security caught me pounding beers in the parking lot.

I didn't actually work on the phones though, I was on data entry. It wasn't actually bad, just boring and it was seasonal. I screwed the pooch like a couple weeks before layoffs anyway.

Comment

A minimum wage janitor, cleaning dirty toilets.

A low-wage caretaker who has to clean up severely ******ed adults who shit themselves all the time.

Comment

Gynecologist at a nursing home.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    Ah yeah, this could be a winner.

Utterly true story, I worked at a call center, and wound up being forced to hand in my badge when security caught me pounding beers in the parking lot.

I didn't actually work on the phones though, I was on data entry. It wasn't actually bad, just boring and it was seasonal. I screwed the pooch like a couple weeks before layoffs anyway.
                    I worked at an outbound call center some years ago, and it wasn't so bad.

The pay was decent (if you were good at it) and there were a lot of attractive young women working there.

The turnover was very high though, only one person in ten can deal with the rejection on the phone for more than a few months.

Comment

Working...
                    X