No announcement yet.

Chocolatito is a future HOF and ATG lil man better put some respeck on his name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Come on man....this guys father died and he continued to fight.

He is not a svelt 115er and was a beast @ 112 and below where he was undefeated 40+ fights

I watch the little guys and look for them so i may know a bit more than some casual boxing fans.

Since 2014....he has fought 6 champions and one 2x....fought pretty much nothing but championship fights since 2008....come on
    Great fighter. Just bit off more than he could chew campaigning in this weight class. HOF without a doubt.

Comment

I think a problem is the quality or lack thereof of casual Boxing fans. Chocolatito being a hated fighter is totally bizarre but sadly not surprising. Too many "fans" are fans of a boxer or some boxers but not necessarily boxing. The funny thing is a lot of these "fans" can't take it if your not praising their fighter so get defensive/hater mode if a fighter gets props. Like if you say "this guys a good fighter" they are immediately saying "he's not Floyd though" and just start to call everyone a bum. The irony of the Chocolatito hatred is that those "fans" are fairly new to Boxing and started liking Floyd or Ward because they were told they are the best so they jumped on the bandwagon and as soon as some other fighter gets props they hate being told so they go against it.

Basically the least knowledgeable and least informed also have the strongest opinions and the most hatred. I don't even know why they watch the sport beyond their 2-3 man crushes (maybe they don't really). Most Floyd fans are only interested in GGG-Canelo because in some way they link it to Floyd and will be thinking about him more than the actual fight.

My take on Chocolatito is that he is/was a great fighter and he really opened a lot of eyes to those weight classes and got interest from places that usually ignore them. Which is great because there's some seriously talented and entertaining fighters down there. He was about as entertaining as any fighter in recent times and was all about a challenge so for me he's the man. I never thought he was the best pound for pound but who cares? That's not a real title anyway. I appreciated his style, courage, skill and humility. But, hey I am a boxing fan not a boxer fan.

Comment

Chocolatito is a great fighter, I hate seeing the disrespect he's been receiving. He's a very humble champion and a class act. He's taking the knockout loss well. He always fought his heart out, no matter what.

It was sad seeing him get KO'd, I was there live. The crowd was going crazy for him, I heard non stop 'Chocolatito' and 'Nicaragua' chants then shock and panic after the first knockdown, then utter silence after he was knocked out.

He hit the ceiling as far as weight classes go, but he mentioned that if he were to continue fighting, he would take a fight, then try win a 5th division title and then retire. He is 30 and the little guys age like milk unfortunately. And he's taken a lot of punishment due to his relentless pressure style.

He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. True warrior and always put on a great show for the fans.

Comment

Fat midget Chocolate got KTFO he suck! if he was really something special why dont he call out da winner or Rigo-Lomachenko, he walks around 122 no excuses...woot? can Lomachenko and Rigo make 115 or 112?! why you mind ****ing me mane?!

Comment

To Be Fair...

Most of us only seen the last 2 years of his career unless you lived in Managua or Japan

After the first Estrada fight you really didn't hear much from him until HBO brought him back to the States and got behind him. Did HBO Overdue it with the Hype behind him and handing him #1 P4P? ABSO "FUKING" LUTELY but I don't blame Gonzalez for that. He had a very exciting style that HBO wanted on their network and sadly you pay a price for that style and it is not a style designed to last long but they got a good 2 year 6 Entertaining Fight Run out of him

Yes he is a Hall Of Famer and a All Time Great Flyweight!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              To Be Fair...

Most of us only seen the last 2 years of his career unless you lived in Managua or Japan

After the first Estrada fight you really didn't hear much from him until HBO brought him back to the States and got behind him. Did HBO Overdue it with the Hype behind him and handing him #1 P4P? ABSO "FUKING" LUTELY but I don't blame Gonzalez for that. He had a very exciting style that HBO wanted on their network and sadly you pay a price for that style and it is not a style designed to last long but they got a good 2 year 6 Entertaining Fight Run out of him

Yes he is a Hall Of Famer and a All Time Great Flyweight!
              Its 2017 fam

Youtube

No excuse...these dudes are fans of 1 maybe 2 guys and are not boxing fans

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                I think a problem is the quality or lack thereof of casual Boxing fans. Chocolatito being a hated fighter is totally bizarre but sadly not surprising. Too many "fans" are fans of a boxer or some boxers but not necessarily boxing. The funny thing is a lot of these "fans" can't take it if your not praising their fighter so get defensive/hater mode if a fighter gets props. Like if you say "this guys a good fighter" they are immediately saying "he's not Floyd though" and just start to call everyone a bum. The irony of the Chocolatito hatred is that those "fans" are fairly new to Boxing and started liking Floyd or Ward because they were told they are the best so they jumped on the bandwagon and as soon as some other fighter gets props they hate being told so they go against it.

Basically the least knowledgeable and least informed also have the strongest opinions and the most hatred. I don't even know why they watch the sport beyond their 2-3 man crushes (maybe they don't really). Most Floyd fans are only interested in GGG-Canelo because in some way they link it to Floyd and will be thinking about him more than the actual fight.

My take on Chocolatito is that he is/was a great fighter and he really opened a lot of eyes to those weight classes and got interest from places that usually ignore them. Which is great because there's some seriously talented and entertaining fighters down there. He was about as entertaining as any fighter in recent times and was all about a challenge so for me he's the man. I never thought he was the best pound for pound but who cares? That's not a real title anyway. I appreciated his style, courage, skill and humility. But, hey I am a boxing fan not a boxer fan.
                One of the best posts i've read. I am a boxing fan but also a fan of some boxers, but i understand what you are saying and completely agree.

Comment

Boxing is a cruel sport in that way - you lose once and its already very bad. Lose twice in a row and everyone forgets what you have done in your career

Comment

Definitely HOF and ATG

He is not on Finito's or Chung Koo Changs level thougg

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      Its 2017 fam

Youtube

No excuse...these dudes are fans of 1 maybe 2 guys and are not boxing fans
                      I agree 100%! Those videos are still up, people can easily go back and determine for themselves if Roman was a great fighter or not instead of celebrating his down fall because Lampley crowned him #1 P4P Prematurely. Because all of the Criticism towards Roman is not even based on what he did or did not do it is all about what others say about him and that is not fair!

Comment

Working...
                      X