Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ever okay to do this once in a while in a weight loss diet for...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ever okay to do this once in a while in a weight loss diet for...

an amateur boxing comeback?

Right now, I was having plans on skipping my breakfast tomorrow morning to go eat out at a Chinese buffet(I've been craving for Chinese and East Asian food lately) then not eat for the rest of the day but I'm also trying to keep up with a consistent and healthy diet to comfortably drop back down to my most natural weight.

I've had my first 2 amateur bouts as a Middleweight(165lbs) around 5 years ago, then had to stop to balance college and work schedule. Now I'm currently taking a 1-semester break to work more hours and get back into amateur boxing competition. Ever since I took my several years off from boxing, I've gotten pretty overweight(gained about 70lbs) mainly from college stress and not watching the amount of food and what type of food I've been eating.

If you need to lose 70 pounds I might skip the chinese food. That's a lot of weight to gain in 2 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      If you need to lose 70 pounds I might skip the chinese food. That's a lot of weight to gain in 2 years time.
      It was 5 years, not two years.

Comment

Man donot skip any meal because this way you will lose strength too, i also tried it but had very negative effect. I started having problems with my knees when climb the stairs, my recommendation would be that you should burn more than you eat.

Comment

Try this workout for 20 minutes with rest and feel the burn.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...tain-climbers/

Comment

Combine it with planks and jumping jacks.

Comment

Skipping breakfast is fine, I do it every day. This will give your body a chance to access the fat and use it for energy instead of the glucose from the food you just ate. Everytime you eat, the body has to burn through all that food before it gets back to the fat. Most people never get to this point. I recommend skipping breakfast and working out before you have your lunch. Push your lunch back as far as possible to extend the fat burn. Don't worry, your body will not eat the muscle for energy until all your fat is gone...like 8-10% body fat, which is pretty lean. Body is perfectly capable of running on fat even when you exercise intensely

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
                Skipping breakfast is fine, I do it every day. This will give your body a chance to access the fat and use it for energy instead of the glucose from the food you just ate. Everytime you eat, the body has to burn through all that food before it gets back to the fat. Most people never get to this point. I recommend skipping breakfast and working out before you have your lunch. Push your lunch back as far as possible to extend the fat burn. Don't worry, your body will not eat the muscle for energy until all your fat is gone...like 8-10% body fat, which is pretty lean. Body is perfectly capable of running on fat even when you exercise intensely
                Me too. I haven't eaten breakfast in years.....Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by JLGLeo1995 View Post
                  It was 5 years, not two years.
                  Between training and proper diet you can lose most of that weight in six months. Look at Fury, he lost over a 100 in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by JLGLeo1995 View Post
                    an amateur boxing comeback?

Right now, I was having plans on skipping my breakfast tomorrow morning to go eat out at a Chinese buffet(I've been craving for Chinese and East Asian food lately) then not eat for the rest of the day but I'm also trying to keep up with a consistent and healthy diet to comfortably drop back down to my most natural weight.

I've had my first 2 amateur bouts as a Middleweight(165lbs) around 5 years ago, then had to stop to balance college and work schedule. Now I'm currently taking a 1-semester break to work more hours and get back into amateur boxing competition. Ever since I took my several years off from boxing, I've gotten pretty overweight(gained about 70lbs) mainly from college stress and not watching the amount of food and what type of food I've been eating.
                    If you are trying to lose fat, you want to:

1) Consume fewer calories per day than your body burns;

2) Keep protein relatively high (roughly a gram per pound of pound of bodyweight, although with very overweight people such as yourself 1.25 grams per pound of target weight or around 200 grams per day is more than enough);

3) Meet all nutrient needs (see https://nutrientoptimiser.com or some other similar site for help)

4) Follow an effective resistance training program so as you lose fat, you gain--rather than losing--lean body mass AKA "muscle" (see baye.com for info; if you want a "canned" lifting program to follow I have used powerbuilding.com with success).

How many meals you consume per day is of minimal importance. If you find it easier to keep your calories low by eating within a compressed time-frame (intermittent fasting, or time-restricted eating), great. Ideally I would suggest eating at least twice per day, because this is likely to cause slightly better results in terms of body composition, but this difference is probably quite small.

Comment

Working...
                    X