Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to analyze compubox numbers? please red below!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to analyze compubox numbers? please red below!

Hi experts, How do I analyze compubox numbers in which fighter A landed more punches per round but Fighter B landed more power punches per round?

What do I make of it?
    Last edited by jackblack008; 09-11-2017, 08:13 AM.

Fighter A is working the jab

Comment

Its always subjective is the first thing to realize. I never take those numbers THAT seriously, but they are often interesting to look at what the narrative of the fight looks like through the punch stats vs what you watched. Sometimes they are accurate, most of the time they are accurate, but sometimes the fight is more intricate then just punch stats & often thats when cats most try to act like punch stats mean anything.

One thing I've noticed as a rule (with exceptions) is power punch numbers tend to hold more weight in how fights are scored by judges than overall punches. Power punches tend to have more dramatic effect on the other fighter than a jab so this tends to make sense logically from the POV of what judges are actually viewing.

I personally also consider any round that the difference is 3 overall punches (unless there is a strong power punches landed lean) or 3 power punches landed as a too close to call round via punch stats as those rounds tend to go either way more often than rounds with a 4+ punch/power punch lean towards one fighter.

But again the major thing to take away from punch stats is to not take them too f#cking seriously cuz boxing isn't scored on landed punches. Its scored by judges who are using the commission scoring criteria to decide who's winning a round thats not just based on landed punches, power punches or otherwise. Although, despite all the naysayers who love to sh^t on punch stats, round by round punch stats tell the winner of the bout probably ~95%-98% of the time.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 09-11-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X