• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
    ^^^^ this

Base on his story the dog seems to be a loyal protector
    She must have think the son was attacking him
    So she attacked the son

Thats what happens when the dog has no good attachment to ur kid

U have to let them play, let ur son give her a rub and always do not let ur kids hurt the dog.
    yeah its complicated and we need more guys like ceasar the dog whisper. You could be onto something about lack of interaction where the dogs anger or even fear keeps building up and without experiencing empathy , especially being that most kids can be quite cruel to animals until they themselves biuld up empathy and cause and effect/karma for others. Dogs can also be jealous and just waiting for the chance to lash out, especially when the master is gone for a while. They think ok I might as well just take over the pack now. Some start with the master first and some start with the weakest link. And remember that this is all magnified with dogs like pitbulls and Shar-Peis because they were bred not only to be able to tangle physically but also driven emotionally
    Last edited by maracho; 08-09-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      Actually the owner shows signs of being a sane, responsible human being by choosing this solution. If he was a bad father(or a potential child rapist/murderer like NYG) he would spare the dog and give it away, knowing that this creature is a ticking timebomb around children, knowing that the next child's neck who ends up between the dog's canines may not be so lucky.
      Ur not a good parent base on ur post

Im guessing ur first reaction after ur kid just punched his brother is to put that kid down?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
        Ur not a good parent base on ur post

Im guessing ur first reaction after ur kid just punched his brother is to put that kid down?
        And you're not a good public speaker based on your grammar. But you just stated that the life of a child is equal to that of a dog(probably without realising it) so I'm not worried about your estimation of my parenting abilities.

Comment

I love dogs but if they bite a kid(especially unprovoked) then that dog is dead. Spooked huh. A good dog squeels in fear or runs away when spooked. They don't bite. This one bit off more than it could chew so bye bye doggy.
          And you're not a good public speaker based on your grammar. But you just stated that the life of a child is equal to that of a dog(probably without realising it) so I'm not worried about your estimation of my parenting abilities.
          And u dont love dogs

Stop pretending

Comment

Please don't blame the dog. She probably was taken by surprise and scared. Your 5 year old is fine and won't die. It's not worth your dog's life Bro.

Comment

Overreaction. Dogs, like people, arent perfect all the time. Take the dog to a trainer if you want reassurance.

Comment

your having a bad time, at least you have removed the dog from the scene good start, get some rest tonight and consider rehoming the dog to a friend or relative who have no children. chin up take care hope your child is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                  The bite has nipped the skin,there was little bit of blood but not pouring out.its bruised already.She was in no way provoked or anything.Me and my son were playing andshe was just lying in her bed and when I started tickling my son he was obviously in hysterics and she literally jumped out of her bed and bit him.

We're n shock,we can't believe she just bit him.She's a patterdale terrier .
                  The dog probably thought you were somehow attacking your kid and got excited and joined in. I wouldn't put it down...I'd give her to someone who doesn't have kids. All terriers are a bit high strung.

Comment

Don't put the dog down man. I know you're shook up like crazy after something like that. I know I would be.

Dogs aren't rational like humans. They act on instinct and pack mentality. If the dog wanted to seriously maim it would have done. It nipped. It's a dogs way of saying "cut that out". It's how dogs discipline their young.

Sleep on it man and if you feel like you still can't have the dog around then take it to a shelter or something but don't put it down over this.

If you do decide to keep the dog perhaps consider dog training classes and brushing up on dog psychologically.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
                      Don't put the dog down man. I know you're shook up like crazy after something like that. I know I would be.

Dogs aren't rational like humans. They act on instinct and pack mentality. If the dog wanted to seriously maim it would have done. It nipped. It's a dogs way of saying "cut that out". It's how dogs discipline their young.

Sleep on it man and if you feel like you still can't have the dog around then take it to a shelter or something but don't put it down over this.

If you do decide to keep the dog perhaps consider dog training classes and brushing up on dog psychologically.
                      Exactly...what happened is not a sign of a vicious dog. When I was a kid we had a crazy Chihuahua that used to bite me all the time. I hated that dog but I survived. If you're not comfortable with him just rehome him. He'll probably make a great pet in a no kids home.

Comment

Working...
                      X