Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    yea, one wasn't a middleweight

because, middleweights don't weigh 155

despite Golovkin specifically promising to fight Canelo at 154.... and despite Loeffler stating that if Canelo were to vacate, then Golovkin would happily fight him at catchweight..... AFTER Canelo vacated the title he continued to negotiate with Bullshhtkin, but lil'G killed that fight over weight, AGAIN!!

so, forget the " title " excuse

Pvssykin talked shht, but when it came time to step up he shat the bed.... like Sanchez admitted, Golovkin will not fight unless it happens on his terms, and unless he has an advantage.....

why did Golovkin totally refused to negotiate on weight with the SUPERSTARS Cotto and Canelo...... but was more than happy to offer a catchweight to no-hopers like Rosado/Brook?

why do YOU think he did that ?

and why Golovkin stated that he is ready and willing to fight a JMW at 154, but nobody will step up..... AFTER refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto Canelo?

why do YOU think that happened ?
    Why do you think Canelo didn't simply move back to 154 and stay there if he's a jmw? Lineal mw champion doe. Nobody was forcing Canelo to move up or face ggg...he just got tired of looking stupid and was probably ready to move up anyway.

You must also think ward should have taken the ggg fight at a cw. I bet if ggg had won a title at 168 and said he'd fight ward at 161, you'd make the same stupid argument in ggg's favour too.

Comment

ummm.... ?

wtf ?

what the fk is wrong with you clowns ?

155 is 1 pound over the JMW limit

Canelo was obviously a JMW

so..... Golovkin clearly DID hold a significant size advantage over Alvarez..... and he was clearly the bigger fighter when they fought

what the fk is wrong with you clowns ?

why did Golovkin totally refused to negotiate on weight with the SUPERSTARS Cotto and Canelo...... but was more than happy to offer a catchweight to no-hopers like Rosado/Brook?

why do YOU think he did that ?

and why Golovkin stated that he is ready and willing to fight a JMW at 154, but nobody will step up..... AFTER refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto Canelo?

why do YOU think that happened ?
      Cotto a superstar. You have to be joking. Guys like Ali, Duran, Chavez, Pac, Mayweather and Hearns even Oscar are super stars. Cotto is a very good fighter for sure but a superstar no way. Your completely a casual if you come out with something that absurd.

Comment

considerthis.....

* Pvssykin was happy to defend against Brook at cw
        * Pvssykin was happy to defend against Rosado at cw
        * Pvssykin was happy to fight for Ward's title at cw

so, your " title doe " excuse..... is even more bullshht than your " 154.1 " excuse
        It's clear your hate for ggg impairs your logical thinking. You were so desperate for ggg to be at a disadvantage that you wanted a mw title fight to be at a cw. As I said before, Canelo could have said no to the fight and returned to 154 if he wasn't ready to move up.

As far as the the 154.1 "excuse"...put your tantrum over Canelo vs ggg aside, and tell me what the weight limits are for the jmw and mw divisions.

Comment

I don't like the term " natural " at all, I have never used it

your "natural" weight often changes as a fighter ages

" genuine " is MUCH more accurate

you move up, and you adapt to the weight

Floyd was a midget when he first moved to welter

Marquez was dwarfed by Diaz when he first moved to LW

Canelo will settle in at 160, and he will get better/stronger at the weight..... which makes "154.1 is middleweight doe" utter nonsense
          When you say " move up and adapt to the weight", do you mean the fighter moves up in weight and trains to make the weight contracted for in the fight? Wouldn't that weight change depending on the weight the fighters agree to fight at?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but one example of the "genuine" thing would be Floyd fighting Hatton at 147. Ricky came in weighing 147 so "technically" he was a WW, but all Hatton's success was at 140, so he wasn't a "genuine" WW. I can see your reasoning though I would use the term "natural", rather than "genuine".
            This is so wrong when you realize what the fight night weights were , they were JWWs fighting for a 147 belt.
            'You guys are all hung up on official weight when the actual fight weight is the important one as far as the fighters go.

Ricky was 153 and Floyd was v152 , they were not WWs this was the fight night weight off JWWs , they could have fought for a MW belt and still be JWWs.

Dig deeper than the surface layer that is spoon fed to fans.

Comment

I don't like the term " natural " at all, I have never used it

your "natural" weight often changes as a fighter ages

" genuine " is MUCH more accurate

you move up, and you adapt to the weight

Floyd was a midget when he first moved to welter

Marquez was dwarfed by Diaz when he first moved to LW

Canelo will settle in at 160, and he will get better/stronger at the weight..... which makes "154.1 is middleweight doe" utter nonsense
              No Doe it doesn't make it irrelevant.
              Doe it makes it very relevant. Canelo refused to negotiate in weight, multiple times when he refused to fight at his preferred weight of 155 pounds. And get this!!! He wanted to be considered a JM at the same time when he was clearly asking to fight outside his weight class. Poor baby what's a Mother to do with a problem child like this. Doe.. Don't worry Ma there are idiots that will stand up for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                This is so wrong when you realize what the fight night weights were , they were JWWs fighting for a 147 belt.
                'You guys are all hung up on official weight when the actual fight weight is the important one as far as the fighters go.

Ricky was 153 and Floyd was v152 , they were not WWs this was the fight night weight off JWWs , they could have fought for a MW belt and still be JWWs.

Dig deeper than the surface layer that is spoon fed to fans.
                So they were JWW's, that's making 140 for the weigh in. Didn't realize that.
                I gotta think your weight at the weigh in is the most important one, cause that determines if you're fighting the next day or not.

Comment

• Haha 47 pages.....

Comment

I gotta think your weight at the weigh in is the most important one, cause that determines if you're fighting the next day or not.
                    Yes if you make the weight your in that weight class. Fighting outside your weight class and claiming to be in that weight class is being devious. Andre Ward who I personally don't like as a fighter had enough integity to say I can't make weight anymore so I'm moving up. He didn't try to have a foot in both camps like Canelo did.
                    Last edited by TonyGe; 01-04-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I will go slowly for you , as far as the fighters go the weight they actually trade blows at is by far the most import weight to consider when looking at the merit of the win.

Weigh-in weight is fans weight, its a point in time where they weigh the closest because they are forced to, for the fans and media, to set some order.

To the fighter and trainer the better they can manipulate the drying out process the more advantage they have on fight night.

You have a fans perspective of weight, this view is why there are so many weight shenanigans going on hyping fighters that the fan has no clue about.

Comment

Working...
                      X