No announcement yet.

This is why GGG can't get big fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    It's a great business fight. Not a great fight. Kovalev vs. Ward is a great fight, a big fight, and both guys will make a lot of money.
    It's not a BAD fight and you know it. It's selling because it'll be a good fight.

GGG is the favourite, yes, sure, but the fight is not bad. You'll see Brook weighin the same than Golovkin.

But I'm open to Saunders, Jacobs and Canelo manning up and giving us a GREAT fight next, don't you agree?

Comment

Look, GGG is a absolute Moster, Top 5 P4P the absolutely undeniable KING at 160 but he is surronded by fuking idiots and his Promotion is ****! K2 have ZERO Power in the sport of boxing in America so they don't have the backing or the investors to put up big money for GGG to assure that he gets the best competition.

Look at what is going on, they're basically WAITING for Canelo and hoping that he picks GGG next because that is the ONLY WAY they will be able to get GGG a big payday. If Canelo doesn't move up next and fight him next, what other big fight is available for GGG at the moment?

I don't just blame the others fighters for being Terrified part of that is the problem, but on the others side yes I do think Loeffler is responsible. If GGG was with Arum or GBP or Haymon or whoever, I do think things would be A LOT DIFFERENT just because of the connections.

Politics does play a major role in boxing for Promoters and yes if you're not with one of the bigger promotions no question it can hold your career back from getting to that ELITE LEVEL as far as Crossover Super Stardom Goes.

Honestly, only Arum know how to build up Superstars currently in boxing IMO
      Last edited by sicko; 08-28-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Agree K2 is a 2nd tier promo company and is basically the problem

. Tom has done a great job building Gennadys brand to this point but I don't know if he can get him to that next level

Gennadys viewed as too dangerous And K2 can't overpay the other notable fighters in and around Gennadys division to get in the ring with him like a Top Rank could do and Loeffler seems too risk averse to put Gennady in a fight where he isn't the clear cut favorite in

So you have this situation where other notable names can side step him and K2 doesn't want to take on challenges so it can appear at times that his career is just spinning its wheels.

Comment

Also the problem for K2 is their main backer is pretty much a sinking ship and it is dragging them down along with them. I don;t blame them for going the HBO route because it was the way to go for decades, but they chose the wrong time to hitch their wagon to those horses. If HBO was throwing out money like usual Golovkin would have fought plenty of better known guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
            What a dumb ****ing premise to a thread.
            That's what happens when the OP is one of the dumbest mother****ers on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Golden Boy Promotions and Main Events went thru hell to get fights made with Roc Nation. This shows Loeffler's attitude towards working hard and making sacrifices to get the big fights made. And this isn't just about the Ward fight. Look at the Eubank Jr fight. When Hearn came to him and told him Eubank Sr was being difficult and offered Brook, Loeffler took the fight instead of telling Hearn to continue negotiations or going elsewhere to make a fight. Loeffler didn't care about how it would look to the public. As long as it was easy to make. He even brags about how easy the fight was to make with Brook. The guy just doesn't have what it takes to be an effective promoter. At the first sign of trouble he takes the path of least resistance. I believe GGG would fight anybody they put in front of him. He just wants to fight.
              Hearn never asked Loeffler whether he should continue negotiating with Eubank or not. Didn't Hearn himself say that Eubank was making unreasonable demands that couldn't be met, and that he wouldn't budge from them?

The unreasonable demands that Eubank was making were from Eddie Hearn, his own promoter, not from Loeffler.

Also, Loeffler didn't reject the offer he got from Roc last year because he thought they would be difficult to negotiate with. He rejected it because GGG already had a schedule planned right throught to summer/fall this year, which was when Roc were asking him to commit to fighting Ward.

GGG's plans fell through, of course, but it wouldn't that have mattered anyway, because Ward wouldn't have been able to make 168 even if GGG had signed to fight him.

Comment

I said:
                Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                But I'm open to Saunders, Jacobs and Canelo manning up and giving us a GREAT fight next, don't you agree?
                And Motorpity cobra disappeared from his own thread. Just like he disappeared from http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=720212

Comment

The had an HBO date coming up very soon that couldn't be changed. I think that is why they said yes to Brook instead of giving Eubank more time to agree to fight GGG. I don't think the middleweight champion fighting a welterweight champion is that terrible. Jake LaMotta, Dick Tiger, Robinson, Gene Fulmer and Monzon all defended their middleweight titles against the welterweight champion. Tiger, Robinson and LaMotta all lost to the welterweight champion.

Comment

Sorry about the typo. I meant to say they had an HBO date that couldn't be changed.

Comment

Loeffler appears to have an entitled attitude. Like he feels everything should come easy and he doesn't have to put in work or be on the grind.

Comment

Working...
                      X